My wife and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites-Paloma Village on an overnight trip to visit our "junior Wildcat" at the University of Arizona. This was my first time at an Embassy Suites, and as usual with a Hilton property, was not disappointed. The location, in the Catalina Mountain foothills, presents a nice view of both the mountains and of the Tucson valley.
We had a small suite with one bedroom and king sized bed. The room was extremely clean and well appointed, with wet bar and microwave, and a small balcony. Televisions are placed in both the sitting room and bedroom, and there's plenty of storage space for one's belongings (which we didn't really need as this was an overnight).
Though the weather was too cold for swimming, my wife thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub.
My most favorable impression was that of the hotel's happy hour and complimentary breakfast. Beer and wine are offered free at the bar from 5:00-7:00, with a full breakfast offered in the morning. This was a cut above the usual breakfast one finds at many hotels; a cook-to order omelette bar is offered as well as the usual breakfast staples such as bacon, eggs, and sausage. My omelette was done perfectly, and the coffee was excellent.
One small complaint about the hotel is the lack of free Wi-Fi. This is offered only to Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members, with all other guests paying a surcharge. Surely, in a time when Wi-Fi is expanding to most accommodations, this should be a free amenity. Complicating the issue is the fact that much of the hotel is below ground level--the building is built into the side of the Foothills, with many of the rooms below the "ground". This results in poor cell phone service as well, particularly when using the phone as a mobile "hot spot". A minor inconvenience, but Hilton should reexamine its policy on Wi-Fi availability.
All in all, a nice stay. We'll be back on a future trip!
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village Hotel Tucson
- Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village Hotel
- Embassy Suites Tucson
- Tucson Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Embassy Suites Tucson's Paloma Village is nestled in the breathtaking foothills of the Catalina Mountains overlooking Tucson. Our upscale hotel features 119 suites. All are equipped with two 32-inch flat screen televisions, work desk, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. We offer complimentary breakfast and a nightly reception. We have a heated-pool, hot tub, state-of-the-art fitness and business center. Walk to a great variety of dining, spa facilities, art galleries and trendy shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.