“Tucson Hotel - A Must Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20%!
Ranked #6 of 127 hotels in Tucson
San Jose, Ca
“Tucson Hotel - A Must Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was very clean, pool was heated and clean. The breakfast was great -- basically anything you could want was available. The fitness facility was clean and spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would of liked a room facing the pool but, our room was still fine facing the road. It was quiet.

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

When we have just a quick overnight trip to Tucson, we always look first to the Embassy Suites Paloma Village. It's in a beautiful part of Tucson with access to many shops and restaurants. The evening reception is a welcome reprieve from driving down from Phoenix (yes, it's only 2 hours, but can be nerve-wracking during rush hour(s)). The rooms at this hotel are always clean, staff is pleasant and attentive. The only negative are some of the room locations. We had room 271 on our last visit. While I booked a mountain view room, this was anything but. It was on the bottom level with a 6-ft. wall view from the patio. As we had a long day of shopping, we were tired and hungry so we didn't ask to change rooms. We immediately dropped off our luggage in our room and headed to the manager's reception. The bartender was friendly and attentive even though he had several guests he was attending to. As to the accommodations - the room was spotless. TVs in both the living room and bedroom, good size bathroom although no tub, just a shower. Towels are nice and fluffy, and the room smells fresh. There is a full breakfast that's included in your rate. Prepared eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes are available, but you can also get omelets (regular or egg white), eggs and turkey sausage prepared to order. Cereal, juices, pastries and fruit are always stocked and the coffee is great! We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an east-facing room. These look toward the mountains and the pool.
Nm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had stayed there 2 years ago and was really looking forward to staying again . We checked in january 11 and things looked as i remember But : Its now 11 :00 p.m. amd the heat kicks in. It sounded like a diesle garbage truck and stuff on the counter were vibrating from the noise .Called down and was told sometime the filter in the furnace needs to be changed ,but we could try another room . All three rooms had the same issuse and was given a different anwers ,that it might be the refg. causeing the problem. Its now 11;30 at night and had been traveling all day ,just wanted to go to bed . Did not want to do refund even tho we called the hotel for reservation { we have a check in the mail },so we left . Be careful when asking for a room Not facing the parking ,they allso have a back parking lot .

Room Tip: Make sure if you request a no parking lot view ,that you let them not in front or back.If light slee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise. I have shared your review with our security and maintenance teams to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I think of this hotel as my place to stay away from home. I Travel quite a bit and stay at this hotel 2 to three times a month. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. From my first stay to my most recent stay last week, everything has been perfect. I was not feeling well so I was able to check in early. I went right to bed. I woke up several hours’ later and ordered room service. The hotel does not do their own room service, but the deli they use is superb. I have used the deli for room service in the past and it's incredibly fast. I normally do all my computing in the room, but when I need to print, I go to the business center and print easily. I can always count on a clean room and bath and a friendly staff at the counter when I check in. I often come in late in the evening and go to the manager’s reception. This reception is second to none. The person that manages and is also the bartender is friendly and informative. It's amazing he remembers your name as well as the drink you have ordered in the past. The breakfast is great and I often leave the hotel stuffed. The cooked to order breakfast is one of the best I have ever had at any hotel.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the back, so when I have a lot of luggage I can easily take it to the room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Potomac, Md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I want to write a fair review of my experience at this hotel, and not focus too heavily on one particular incident that I was very unhappy about. First the good: Great & beautiful location. Great breakfast & wonderful staff service. Nice spacious rooms! We stayed 10 days & booked 2 rooms, so our final tab was understandably not cheap. To try to keep fit & weight under control during the holiday season my first choice is to swim laps. One morning I found myself locked out of the pool. Their reason: rain overnight & early morning created a slick surface. However, the rain had stopped @ 9:00am & the sun had been shining for 2 hours when I wanted to swim @ 11:00am. The pool surface was dry! After talking to an assistant manager I was told the only person in authority to allow me in to the pool was the engineer manager & he was off property at the time. The assistant manager called him on his cell, but he did not budge about opening the pool for me. I didn't appreciate his decision particularly since he wasn't there To see for himself, and would not delegate this decision to the assistant manager who was on the property??. I have been swimming for over 40 years & the only times I have been restricted from using a pool was for heavy rain accompanied by thunder& lightening or if a child made an accident in the water which required shocking the pool. I needed to swim at that time because we had plans for lunch & the rest of the day was filled w/ activity. I made arrangements to swim at another pool, but it was an inconvenience that i found unnecessary!

• Stayed December 2012
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding our pool safety policies. Our policy is to always put safety first and I again apologize for the inconvenience.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. They let me check in at 1000 as my room was ready - awesome! Front desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was super clean and comfortable with a nice view of the mountains. I asked for a high room and a view, and I got both (well, they only have 2 floors…). The location was perfect for our needs as our target was hiking in Sabino Canyon. Breakfast was exceptional and the three folks on staff (one cook, two floor people) were so help. Even though it is the middle of winter, we were able to use the heated pool and hot tub - both were very good and relaxing after a long day hiking. What a great experience overall.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Winter Warmup Special was a great value for our 8 night stay. The rate was $119 per night and required a 4 night prepaid stay. This is a nonrefundable offer, so you have to be positive about the reservation--$30 per night is charged if you cut your stay.
The suites were comfortable, breakfast was well done with eggs cooked to order and lots of hot and cold foods available. Hot apple cider and cookies in the lobby after 5:30 p.m. and appetizers in the eating area between 5:50 and 7:30 p.m. were extra treats. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and user friendly. The extra sink, microwave, refrigerator and two flat screen TVs made the suite feel more like home. We used the gym just about every day--my husband was particularly pleased with the equipment and free weights. While it is located about 10 minutes from the freeway, we usually took Campbell Street which was more direct to the sights we wanted to see.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top (3rd) floor are quieter--request a mountain view. Poor insulation between rooms ca...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village? Share your experiences!