You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village to your Saves list
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, NM
“Tucson Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I think of this hotel as my place to stay away from home. I Travel quite a bit and stay at this hotel 2 to three times a month. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. From my first stay to my most recent stay last week, everything has been perfect. I was not feeling well so I was able to check in early. I went right to bed. I woke up several hours’ later and ordered room service. The hotel does not do their own room service, but the deli they use is superb. I have used the deli for room service in the past and it's incredibly fast. I normally do all my computing in the room, but when I need to print, I go to the business center and print easily. I can always count on a clean room and bath and a friendly staff at the counter when I check in. I often come in late in the evening and go to the manager’s reception. This reception is second to none. The person that manages and is also the bartender is friendly and informative. It's amazing he remembers your name as well as the drink you have ordered in the past. The breakfast is great and I often leave the hotel stuffed. The cooked to order breakfast is one of the best I have ever had at any hotel.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the back, so when I have a lot of luggage I can easily take it to the room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Potomac, Md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I want to write a fair review of my experience at this hotel, and not focus too heavily on one particular incident that I was very unhappy about. First the good: Great & beautiful location. Great breakfast & wonderful staff service. Nice spacious rooms! We stayed 10 days & booked 2 rooms, so our final tab was understandably not cheap. To try to keep fit & weight under control during the holiday season my first choice is to swim laps. One morning I found myself locked out of the pool. Their reason: rain overnight & early morning created a slick surface. However, the rain had stopped @ 9:00am & the sun had been shining for 2 hours when I wanted to swim @ 11:00am. The pool surface was dry! After talking to an assistant manager I was told the only person in authority to allow me in to the pool was the engineer manager & he was off property at the time. The assistant manager called him on his cell, but he did not budge about opening the pool for me. I didn't appreciate his decision particularly since he wasn't there To see for himself, and would not delegate this decision to the assistant manager who was on the property??. I have been swimming for over 40 years & the only times I have been restricted from using a pool was for heavy rain accompanied by thunder& lightening or if a child made an accident in the water which required shocking the pool. I needed to swim at that time because we had plans for lunch & the rest of the day was filled w/ activity. I made arrangements to swim at another pool, but it was an inconvenience that i found unnecessary!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank greengirlgetaway
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding our pool safety policies. Our policy is to always put safety first and I again apologize for the inconvenience.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. They let me check in at 1000 as my room was ready - awesome! Front desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was super clean and comfortable with a nice view of the mountains. I asked for a high room and a view, and I got both (well, they only have 2 floors…). The location was perfect for our needs as our target was hiking in Sabino Canyon. Breakfast was exceptional and the three folks on staff (one cook, two floor people) were so help. Even though it is the middle of winter, we were able to use the heated pool and hot tub - both were very good and relaxing after a long day hiking. What a great experience overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Winter Warmup Special was a great value for our 8 night stay. The rate was $119 per night and required a 4 night prepaid stay. This is a nonrefundable offer, so you have to be positive about the reservation--$30 per night is charged if you cut your stay.
The suites were comfortable, breakfast was well done with eggs cooked to order and lots of hot and cold foods available. Hot apple cider and cookies in the lobby after 5:30 p.m. and appetizers in the eating area between 5:50 and 7:30 p.m. were extra treats. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and user friendly. The extra sink, microwave, refrigerator and two flat screen TVs made the suite feel more like home. We used the gym just about every day--my husband was particularly pleased with the equipment and free weights. While it is located about 10 minutes from the freeway, we usually took Campbell Street which was more direct to the sights we wanted to see.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top (3rd) floor are quieter--request a mountain view. Poor insulation between rooms ca...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The suite has two flat screen, fold out couch, chair microwave, refrig no bath tub just shower (which I never use bath tub anyway in a hotel). Has breakfast which comes with room its ok. The two night stay was almost perfect except the horrible fire alarm went off. We all had to leave the hotel. We called to see what the issue was and we were told the "Fog maker" for a party made the alarm go off. Ok we can handle that so why ALLOW IT TO CONTINUE...................the fire alarm went off again and again. There is a managers wine reception however, we did not attend. The rooms did not seem spacious - The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: room 123 has a nice view and you have easy access to the room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This location is a little out of the way from the freeway, but has excellent service and outstanding breakfast. The hotel was extremely clean, and the workout room was spacious and had more than enough equipment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Really nice location and wonderful common areas. Great breakfast too. Close to the mountains and Sabina Canyon but also near restaurants and stores too. Nice staff. Only odd thing to me was my patio was level/overlooking the parking lot and my room had a strange arrangement with too many doors and light switches. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business