“Two night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Amelia, VA
“Two night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Planned to stay one night, but extended to a second night. Enjoyed the manager's reception both night (snacks and beer, wine, sangria) and the breakfast was very good. Lots of choices and eggs cooked to order. Enjoyed the suite with extra room to spread out. Nice view of mountains. Pool and hot tub were very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
cdwchgo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently enjoyed a 3 nite stay here. I had a pool view suite which was nice except that it felt like a maze to get to it as the halls zig zag is built on a hill. The suite was well equipped w/a wall mounted tv in the main room and bedroom; microwave, fridge, Lots of lighting, ceiling fans. It was odd to have the closet in the bathrm tho and some light switches were figured together in an odd way. Great shower pressure. Breakfast was organized with a great selection including the made to order omlets. Keep in mind it is not a resort so for a 119rm hotel there are only 12 lounge chairs poolside. This was only an issue on a Sat. as a wedding on Sun. Exercise rm had sufficient equipment and was very clean. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Pool view very nice but I would think some mt. views even better if possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Personally I think this is one of the nicest "non-resort" hotels in Tucson. The staff is always friendly, they serve a decent happy hour in the lobby bar included in your rate along with a fantastic breakfast also included. The gym is decent, mostly cardio but the hotel location is superb. I call this my second home 3 or 4 times a month.
Parking spaces are very narrow, beware of those parked next to you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This relatively new 3-story property is located in the north part of Tucson, a section with upscale shopping, golf resorts and restaurants.

The check-in experience was well done. Our suite had a large living room, bedroom and generously sized bath. It also featured ceiling fans, a balcony overlooking nearby mountains, and dual-pod coffee maker. The living area also had a large granite bar with an additional sink.

The complimentary breakfast offered cooked-to-order items. The service at breakfast was very attentive, and personal.

We've made a note to return to this Embassy Suites on our next trip to Tucson!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a great time staying here for 2 weeks on a business trip. The staff was friendly and helpful in choosing places to go in my free time. The 2 hour happy hour was an added bonus, especially when Derrick was there!

Room Tip: My balcony looked over skyline at the mountains- beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Central Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

First of all I must say that the rooms at this hotel are the smallest I've ever stayed in. We stayed at a Hampton in a small Texas town that had huge rooms compared to these. Also I reserved a disabled room two months in advance and was told on arrival that the room was given to an able bodied guest because he wanted a no smoking room. Thank goodness the ADA now forbids this kind of action but it still left me without a disabled room! I was extremely tired and extremely angry and had no other place to go (or I would have). The desk attendant Chris, saved this hotel from a major lawsuit. He was a gem, understanding, apologetic and willing to go out of his way to make our stay tolerable (I won't say enjoyable because there were things that just aren't doable without an accessible room). I have also heard from their Manager who also apologized. I know now that I will call several days in advance to be certain a room is available. As others said the food at breakfast is wonderful and the evening reception is nice as well. I won't say that I'll stay here again because I would probably look carefully at other options in the area, but overall Chris deserves a huge thank you from Embassy Suites and I plan to write and tell them so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear travlr4, I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We are 100% A.D.A. compliant and strive for all Accessible rooms to be available. I’m truly sorry for the error in room assignments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We will also be sure to share your positive comments with Chris. Again, I apologize for the misstep. Please feel free to contact me directly. E-mail address: jeff.zelkin@hilton.com, Office Phone: 520-352-4002.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from our vacation in the US where we stayed for 4 nights in this lovely hotel. This was a return visit as we had stayed a year previously based on tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed yet again. We were greeted by friendly front desk staff on check in and throughout our time there could not find fault with anything. Everything you've read regarding the breakfast, pool, staff and through to evening reception is true 100%. One thing though, if you do go for drinks of an evening ask Derrick for one of his special bloody mary's! They're great!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village? Share your experiences!