“Major Problem but handled well” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Central Texas
“Major Problem but handled well”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

First of all I must say that the rooms at this hotel are the smallest I've ever stayed in. We stayed at a Hampton in a small Texas town that had huge rooms compared to these. Also I reserved a disabled room two months in advance and was told on arrival that the room was given to an able bodied guest because he wanted a no smoking room. Thank goodness the ADA now forbids this kind of action but it still left me without a disabled room! I was extremely tired and extremely angry and had no other place to go (or I would have). The desk attendant Chris, saved this hotel from a major lawsuit. He was a gem, understanding, apologetic and willing to go out of his way to make our stay tolerable (I won't say enjoyable because there were things that just aren't doable without an accessible room). I have also heard from their Manager who also apologized. I know now that I will call several days in advance to be certain a room is available. As others said the food at breakfast is wonderful and the evening reception is nice as well. I won't say that I'll stay here again because I would probably look carefully at other options in the area, but overall Chris deserves a huge thank you from Embassy Suites and I plan to write and tell them so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear travlr4, I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We are 100% A.D.A. compliant and strive for all Accessible rooms to be available. I’m truly sorry for the error in room assignments. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We will also be sure to share your positive comments with Chris. Again, I apologize for the misstep. Please feel free to contact me directly. E-mail address: jeff.zelkin@hilton.com, Office Phone: 520-352-4002.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from our vacation in the US where we stayed for 4 nights in this lovely hotel. This was a return visit as we had stayed a year previously based on tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed yet again. We were greeted by friendly front desk staff on check in and throughout our time there could not find fault with anything. Everything you've read regarding the breakfast, pool, staff and through to evening reception is true 100%. One thing though, if you do go for drinks of an evening ask Derrick for one of his special bloody mary's! They're great!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here on a couples retreat the third week of September. The hotel is easily the top ranked Embassy Suites we have stayed at over the last 20 years. The room was well decorated, well laid out and the area was safe and quiet. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and the service was tops. We would highly recommend staying here on your next visit to the Tucson area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the minute my husband and I set our foot inside the front door we were treated like royalty. Thanks alot to Brian Z. We had so much fun. Staying here was worth every penny. i feel we got more than our monies worth. A free Happy Hour with plenty of snacks and a most marvelous hot breakfast, so very delicious. They had so much variety of food! The pool was absolutely great and beautiful. The beds were the best I have ever slept in. Plus this is the first hotel that I could not hear the other guests. Made for a great night of sleep. The rooms and property are just beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
green valley, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for two nights over the recent holiday. The layout and services are typical of the Embassy Suites hotel chain. The strengths are the fabulous view of the Tucson foothills and surrounding area from the wrap around balcony, and the well run cocktail hour. The Wall Street Journal is free at the front desk. Most of the staff worked tirelessly to meet our needs.
The front desk reception was very average, both for check in, questions,and checkout. The only enthusiasm I saw was when she wished us a safe trip home.
One quirk in the room was that the TV's blink with a faint red light, visable when the lights are off. You need to cover the set with a towel to eliminate this annoyance. There is no checking of room keys, or better yet, a list of names by room, at breakfast. A ten year old boy took his preschool brother to breakfast on their own. The younger boy couldn't reach a muffin, and yelled for help from the older one. Where were the parents? This overall lack of supervision carried over to the pool, where dozens of children caused havoc for adult swimmers. The atmosphere was not conducive for a weekend retreat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It's an older property that's been done over so it feels newish inside. The rooms are all two room suites and they are huge. The bathroom is tiny, but the large sink is in the bedroom which is fine. I worked out in the exercise room and all the equipment was new and of good quality. I rarely venture down the pool when I travel on business but it looked so inviting I actually went down for an hour or two and really enjoyed the very comfortable chaises. Best thing about the place is that it comes with a free breakfast that is one of the best I've ever encountered in my years of travelling. They will make you an omelet or they have a nice selection of food and you get real plates and silverware. The food seemed homemade and not heated up from a box which is what you get with most free breakfasts.

I will definately stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Absolutely amazing! From check in to check out your staff made me feel welcome. I was greeted by your front desk supervisor Lisa who was so courteous. She invited me to attend the Manager's Complimentary Happy Hour, which I know everyone is invited to, but for her to personally invite was great! The bartender was so friendly, making conversations with everyone around and the treats were tasty. We were able to visit the pool and to my surprise were not kicked out at exactly 11pm, the security guard kindly let us know it was time to finish up. Breakfast was a nice treat! Everyone was so hospitable, especially Grazyda and the omelette attendant. Rooms were comfortable, I didn't want to leave the bed and time on the balcony was beautiful! Overall amazing! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Pool view has balconies overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village? Share your experiences!