“Cozy and wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renee's Organic Oven

Renee's Organic Oven
7065 East Tanque Verde Road, Tucson, AZ 85715 (Formerly Eclectic Pizza)
+1 520-886-0484
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Cozy and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been to Renee's twice, first time with a Groupon, and I am sure we will return. It is a small place, reservations are a must, so plan ahead a bit. Both times we had the avocado salad and a pizza. Both pizza's were fantastic. The service is friendly, it is a really great place to have a casual meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you~ So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Bettendorf, Iowa
“Tough to find but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Being a 'senior" I've tasted many a pizza. This was one of the best. Light, not greasy, thin crust just right. Service was excellent and friendly. Caprese salad fresh and excellent. Tip, if you eat later, make a reservation, otherwise get there early.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Reserved a booth. When we arrived we were told it would be a " a minute " before our booth was ready. There are only three booths. Two were just seated, the third had just been given desert. The only table available was small and right in front of the door ( 10 feet ). We took it, the booth that was a minute away, opened up 15 minutes later. Ordered soup, salad, lasagna, and a pizza. Soup was Ok, the rest was forgettable.
But here is the best part. After They cleared the salad and soup dishes (with our silverware) they brought the lasagna and pizza. When we asked the server for silverware, she said "one minute" and proceeded to grab four menus and silverware for the people who had just walked in through the door from the cold ouside, where the wind was blowing over our just delivered pizza and lasagna. After she had taken the new comers to their table, the booth originally for us, and explained a few things about the menu,she disappeared to the back and appeared with a fork. So, now we had pizza and lasagna for two and one knife and one fork to do it with. By then a group of eight had left through the door 10 feet away, our food was already been cold when it got to the table, now it was now "front door windy cold" . Turned our meal into take out and left. Pizza is all about the crust and sause, both wrong here. Take the table we sat at and turn it into a wind break. Asking us to wait 15 minutes for our reserved booth is not a reservation. The people in from of us entering the restaurant did nit have a reservation and got a booth. Not our booth, ours would be available ?. Also, very noisy .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
As the owner of and the first person to greet you I am very confused by your account of your experience here with us. While I am disappointed the hostess did not replace your setting and I know that is a terrible dining mistake and our new hostess with be alerted she forgot a major step in her training and how that impacted your dining experience. This is the best part of diners offering feedback we always respond with the opportunity to learn and improve from all positive and negative reviews. The rest of review is not only surprising but...
I know there are always two sides and I really wanted you to be comfortable; the table you chose was the only open table and you asked me to seat you there rather than waiting a moment and it is unmistakably directly in front of the door. Please understand we all know it is not the favorite table in the house but it is there in the only place it can be. We do not normally guarantee booth requests for 2 because as you stated we only have 3 actually 4 booths and they seat 4 and 6 people, with a total of 12 tables for seating inside and out. Our goal is to make you happy, you and everyone else and I am very sorry you missed that part of our space as it is what we pride ourselves on. Booth 3 was where I reserved for seating you and they left moments after you took your seat and they did not have dessert after me talking to you. Their check was ready for them to offer payment and that is all we were waiting for. Because the table you asked for is so out in open and in such contrast to a booth environment is why I asked you two times if you were sure about taking that table. A four top walked in while you were ordering and was seated at the booth you declined and the other two were reserved for 30 and 45 minutes after you arrived, so those tables were not new they were estimated to be leaving in 30 and 45 minutes. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your meal here and I would feel better if I could return your money to you. No matter how differently I see this or how differently I wish you could have experienced your time with us, if I felt as you are describing I would not want to pay and I don't want you to either. The amount of attention being placed on somewhere other than your table lets me know how disappointed or uncomfortable you were. I have a reservation book that I have to consider for a successful evening but you as a diner should have better things to be enjoying and I again am very sorry to have not met your needs. Please feel free to email me at renees.kreager2011@gmail.com so I can please refund your money to you.
Renee Kreager
Minneapolis
“Tasty pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We wanted something very casual to eat in our hotel room for our last night in Tucson. The reviews pointed us here and I'm glad they did.

We ordered a 16" pizza for the two of us. The pizza was great! Light flavoring and fresh tasting. Crust wasn't too thin nor too thick. Service was fast.

Definitely would visit again if we get back to the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perfect! I am so glad you found us and enjoyed our goods while you were in Tucson.
Thank you for sharing your positive words here!
Renee
“3rd time's a charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went there a few months ago for the first time on a Saturday night and while we thought the food was great, service was just ok as our waitress only checked on us once or twice and we felt rushed to leave as there were plenty of people waiting to be seated. Second time, we got take out and thought the pizza didn't hold up well once we got home- the cheese and crust got chewy pretty fast. We gave it a third try tonight and it was great! The food and wine were excellent and our waitress was attentive and helpful- this place definitely redeemed itself! We are now sold on both their food and service, although I'm still weary on going back on a Saturday night but this is a great place for a mid-week date night. The only thing I wish this place would change is the size of their dining area- their tables are just a bit too close together. Nonetheless, this is a great, environmentally conscious local business!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere