“Excellent Vietnamese Cuisine at Affordable Prices” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Arizona
“Excellent Vietnamese Cuisine at Affordable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Vietnamese cuisine is light but filling. They're also healthy with all those fresh veggies like basil, bean sprouts, lime, green chillies that one can add into the phos (soups) with your choice of meats. The grilled meats/shrimps are excellent as well as the fresh, summer rolls. When in Tucson, try to eat lunch or dinner at Ha Long Bay. Service is good and quick.

Visited July 2012

New York
“Skip it, there are better Vietnamese places in Tuscon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I love Vietnamese food and while visiting Tuscon Ha Long Bay was just a couple blocks up from my hotel. It's nice looking inside and I was seated promptly. Before I even got water one of the waiters whips out a vacuum after a table of 6 near me vacated and started vacuuming. I mean come on people, who wants to be in a restaurant while someone is vacuuming? It totally ruined the vibe for me. I ordered some summer rolls and they were only ok. They were warm and the shrimp had a fishy taste. The peanut sauce tasted like it came from a jar and wasn't homemade. I ordered pork chop with vermicelli and the pork chop and rice was really good. But there was some sliced pork something swimming in some syrupy glaze that was awful. Not sure why they felt the need to include this extra. It wasn't good. The dish did come with a side of Pho and it was very good.

Overall I was disappointed and will try a different place next time.

“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I've been here several times and have not once been disappointed. The food has always been excellent we always order the same dishes pho w beef slices, stir-fried egg noodles, sesame chicken, and ha long bay fried rice and they taste better every time. The service is awesome, the waiters all help each other and they always remember your face.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, AZ
“A delightful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Ha Long Bay is one of my family's favorite restaurants in Tucson. It offers all that we look for: delicious food, reasonable prices, friendly service, and outstanding cleanliness. I'd recommend their family menu if you are a large group. It's a great value and offers a large choice of dishes.

Visited June 2012
new mexico
“What a Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I make it a point to eat at Ha Long Bay on every visit to Tucson. We have eaten lots of Vietnamese food and find this family run restaurant to be the best. The menu is traditional and extensive. We love the pan stired meals - especially the chicken and fried soft egg noodle selections. The summer rolls are delicious and served with a not-too-sweet peanut sauce. There is a selection of sauces ranging from mild to hot on each table. Beer and wine is served, although the selection is small. The ambience is comfortable and with the owner's kids doing homework in the back room, very homey. Service is very attentive and friendly. On top of this, prices are reasonable. We love this place and will continue to return.

• Visited April 2012