“Extended Stay Tuscon AZ Grant Road” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #111 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
New mexico
“Extended Stay Tuscon AZ Grant Road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overall this is a quiet place to stay. I was disappointed with the fact that there is no where to print out an airline boarding pass and the clerks stated they do not do that for the guests. The room was clean except for carpet stains. The kitchenett was lacking a frying pan, there was only a sauce pan. The coffee maker looks to have a replacement pot, which doesn't reach the basket to drip the coffee into the caraf. Cable television, is very minimum and was very snowy on some channels. The bed was very comfortable and I did get good rest at night. The air conditioner is very noisy, it is an older hotel, which appears to be getting renovated slowly. There was no smoke detector in the room, wires were hanging from the ceiling where the smoke detector used to be. Their complimentary breakfrast is a very minimal continental breakfast with packaged muffins, some oranges and apples and coffee. WiFi was descent thank god, as I could atleast see the rest of the Superbowl on my computer clearly. The staff is very friendly however, unhelpful with accomadating with being able to print a document.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our front desk attendant would not print a boarding pass out for you. I am going over the policies with the staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tgr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Canmore, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at the motel for eight nights and found it was good value for the price. The room was clean and the location was really good. It is within walking distance of a grocery store, movie theatre, restaurants and coffee shops. The service was good and the laundry room was convenient and clean.
I wish there would have been a few more kitchen essentials. I stayed on the ground floor near the road and found it to be quite noisy. People who weren't staying on the ground floor had no problem with noise from traffic.
I went there on a cycling trip and if I go back to Tucson, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor in rooms near the main road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to write such a great review about your experience at Extended Stay America- Tucson location. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. I do understand your comment about the road noise. The road construction around the area ( they are widening both East and Westbound lanes) definitely contributes to that.The good news is they will be done in 3 months.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you again. Please don't hesitate to contact us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just called ( 1/3/2012 @ 4:45 pm) A male answered the phone, He did not give out his name. I asked for availability on rooms with 2 beds, he rudely stated they didnt have any available and then hung up on me.. before i could even check on another date. I work for a Merchandising company and i only book long term group reservations.. Wont be calling them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at Extended Stay America- Tucson. I sincerely apologize that there were issues about the reservation process. We have looked into them and corrected it to prevent it from happening with future guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

we stayed at these apartments for 1 week because of location, we requested a non-smoking room on the back of the complex after reading other reviews, The room had a queen size double bed, air conditioning, relaxing arm chair, TV, work space/desk, small dinning table and 2 chairs clothes hanging rack, kitchen facilities consisted of sink, large fridge, microwave, 2 ring hob, cups, pans, cutlery the room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was good size with bath and a shower over bath, lots of hot water, clean towels, flannels, shampoo,soap
only niggles about complex, no area to sit/relax outside, people were having BBQ's in the car park!!! our non-smoking room was spoilt by the cleaners, who smoked on the back stairwell, so our non-smoking room was a farce!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the back are quieter....but no view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your stay was satisfactory. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Filthy carpet, someone's hair on the counter tops and furniture that looked like it had been picked up at the curb on trash day. It is very clear that the owners/managers just don't care about the place. You can do better.

• Stayed November 2012
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not satisfactory. I am reviewing cleanliness standards and procedures with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tgr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Booked a double Queen bed room. When arrived only a King size bed room available and was told that was the reservation. Did not agree with PriceLine confirmation of a double bed room. Corner room was larger than others. Faced the busy Grant Rd. Recommend requesting a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the noise level of traffic at night and early morning. Does have an elevator as room was on the second floor. Only strong bath soap in the bathroom. Double towels as only have maid service once a week. Grant Rd under construction. Recommending using Speedway to Swan (Left turn) and turn right to Grant on Swan. Good value for money and location.

Room Tip: The other Extended Stay America on Butterfield near the AFB may be more convenient.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room type reserved was not availabable for you upon check in. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tgr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is only slightly more grimy and shabby than the Sheraton and Hilton, and it is cheaper. The rooms are spacious enough, free wifi, full refrigerator, cook top, microwave, etc. The location seemed quiet to us, there are no bars nearby, no partying around the pool. There is a pharmacy next door so when you discover that the hotel does not provide shampoo, you can zip over there and buy some. The clientele is what you'd expect. The construction workers and people with relatives in medical facilities shower at the crack of dawn and this is audible in the rooms. The teenagers sit quietly out on the steps and smoke and text their friends. We did not miss the maid service, you can get clean towels and sheets as needed, so overall I think the place is fine. It would be better if they gave it a good scrubbing. The floor in our bathroom was pretty dirty and I am sorry to report that it was sticky.

Room Tip: It appears that rooms are quieter away from the main road. Our room was on the parking lot and we di...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road? Share your experiences!