“Excellent value and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #108 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent value and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were visiting Tucson to see our son and were looking for a moderate motel that was close to his home. We found the Extended Stay America on Grant Road. We did not need anything elaborate as we would not be in our room that much. However, we had a room that was not all that small with a kitchenette as well. It would be good for someone who really did have an extended stay with their job assignment etc. It had a recliner too which was nice to have. The personnel was very nice. The room was decently clean. It was a great location in a safe area of Tucson and was within walking distance of many restaurants. There were several other motels near it on Grant Road but this one seemed to be the best value to me. Also, surprisingly, it offered smoking rooms which pleased my husband. That is rare to find these days. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here prior to moving to Tucson from Denver. We needed to meet with some contractors for the home we were in the process of buying so it wasn't a vacation for pleasure! The reason for my rating of this hotel is simple. This is the type of hotel that works well for travelers that need a bed and a shower. No frills, no daily housekeeping just the basics. We had a king bed, kitchenette and bathroom. The bed was a bit hard but other than that it worked fine for our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room to eliminate hallway noise.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I think most of these rave reviews are coming from the hotel owners or those with a vested interest in the Extended Stay Tucson. Anyone who actually stayed a night in this place would not be raving!

I stayed three nights with my wife and it's one of the dirtiest and in the words of my wife "grossest" hotels we have seen. Yes, it has a kitchen but the dishes are so dirty we did not trust them and the counter when we moved the cutting board was sticky with a dark brown mess underneath. There was NO soap anywhere in the room when we checked in (bathroom or otherwise). The bathroom shower was disgusting and the vinyl on the floor was moldy and peeling up.
The noise in the parking lot and on the street makes it hard to sleep (so like another poster said, get a room in the back). There were lots of shady people in the parking lot and I didn't like leaving my wife there alone at night, as she was harassed by a couple men one night going to her car!
Just a nasty place, we would never go back and def do not recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mesa Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

It was an awesome trip. All i had to do was worry about my mon who was right across the street at TMC. The price was lower than expected. There was a refrigerator, microwave, and stove in the room, which made it even cheaper, as the grocery store is cheaper than eating out several times a day plus late night snacks for my son and daughter. IHOP was right across the street for our main meals. We were all able to come and go between ESA and TMC. Very convenient. And the room was actually very clean. I had a battery problem, and somorkers also staying there were more than willing to help me out. And wouldn't take any money for thier time. From the staff to the romm to other guest - awesome. Too bad there isn't one near San Bernardino.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This Hotel doesn't look the part, but it's what's on the inside that counts.
I stay at hotels about 350 days per year around the country. most stays are 60 days or more at each location so I want good service.This one has a front office and maintenance staff that have been very attentive so far.cleaning crews are efficient and they don't MESS with my stuff while in my room.They also have been right on top of calling me and letting me know when UPS has delivered a package.. Blueprints and other paperwork is in my hands within minutes of arriving at the office. a sink that had a drip was fixxed as soon as it was reported. (they have kitchens at this hotel). and the price? It is cheaper than ANY hotel I have stayed in the last 4 years. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel for 2 weeks because we were waiting to close on our new house, and ended up moving out a week early. During the 4th day of our stay the fire alarms went off for over an hour and we had to leave because they were so loud! There was no apology or anything for the inconvenience. Especially since it was over 100 degrees out I found that pretty disconcerting. The walls are literally like cardboard. We were unlucky enough to end up next to some very rowdy teenagers who stayed up until 5 AM partying and throwing things around the room, yelling and running up and down the stairs. We called the front desk person "Heidi" three times and nothing was done about it. She said that she put in a call to them but no one answered. Hmmm...wonder why? Not all the rooms are non smoking which means that if someone in the room next to you is smoking, expect it to come through the vents and stink up your room. The bed was probably the least comfortable I've ever tried sleeping on. Rooms were decently clean, close to amenities and the kitchenettes are okay, but obviously management doesn't take their job too seriously.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Tucson - Grant Road. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Denver,CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stayed 4 nights. The first room was not very satisfactory, with a poor bed as the main problem. We switched rooms, and had quite a different experience. That room and bed were totally fine. So there is a problem with consistency within the property.

The location is great...near shopping, movies, restaurants and pretty centrally located for tourist sites, etc.

The personnel were very cordial. No problems there.

Week-end rates were lower. Join their "frequent visitor" club to get a discount sent to you and cancel when you want to discontinue e-mails.

They do take pets, so if you don''t have one, you may want to ask for "no pet" room.

I would have a problem recommending this property only because I would be unsure which room you might get.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Tucson - Grant Road? Share your experiences!