“Desert Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mira Vista Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Mira Vista Resort
You added Mira Vista Resort to your Saves list
7501 N Wade Road, Tucson, AZ 85743   |
Ranked #31 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Jupiter, FL
“Desert Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband & I have a timeshare at a resort in Scottsdale, AZ. We had heard about Mira Vista for a couple of years and drove out to spend a night there. It was lovely. We were met and given a property tour on check-in. No sales pitch or anything, just a nice tour. We stayed in what I would call a "casita" in the older buildings. The room had obviously been completedly re-done. It was clean with nice furnishings, a refrigerator and a comfortable bed. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was very good and the servings were large. The dining room was very busy that evening. We had breakfast the next morning at their restaurant as well and were equally pleased. Contrary to another review I read here, I noticed that the Saturday we were there the crowd by the pool was on the younger side for sure. Even some folks with their young children. Much different from what we are used to in Florida. The conversation pool was of a just right temperature, the larger pool was a little chilly for my liking. But I bet in the AZ summer it warms up well! Loved the abundance of shady seating by the pool.
Another big plus for me at this resort was the gorgeous Southwest landscaping. Very nice...
We are planning to come back and stay longer prior to our next visit to our timeshare.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Williams, az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place has so much potential. We have stayed here a number of times.My wife and I visit clothing optional and naturalist resorts all the time. There are some places more easy going than others. We usually fit in wherever we go.
We are both young and nice looking. We enjoy each other and enjoy our private time. We are not comfortable at swinger resorts because we are so into each other.
We are also not comfortable at so called naturalist resorts where most people are old and overweight.
Mira Vista could be a perfect compromise if the staff would chill out. It was as if sitting too close to each other was a crime there. We were told by a pool boy that our sitting together in a hot tub at 7:15 AM with no one else in the pool area made it look as if we were going to have sex and that we were being "very Inappropriate"
We are paying guests. They should be happy we even stayed there. They need the money. The condos there are a flop. (only 4 have sold) and they just spent way too much on the pavement and construction.
The hot tubs were not as warm as they were last time and even when we asked, along with the two other groups of people there, to raise the temp they didn't. The pool boy was probibly too busy harassing people. The food was skimpy this time too. They are tying to save money by cutting in he wrong areas. If they want to thrive they need to lighten up and invite a younger, height-weight proportional crowd that has cash to spend.
Not one single time did any staff member ask how we are enjoying our stay or see if there was anything we needed or wanted that would make our stay better.
Ther isn't even a military discount available. Customer service is what will bring people back and these people need to learn that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
twoonthego, Owner at Mira Vista Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Since its opening 6 years ago as Mira Vista, the resort has become one of the top naturist (not naturalist) resorts in the country. Business is up 48% so far in 2012, compared to 2011 and restaurant business is up over 100% since Chef Victoria took over. We have achieved that by providing good customer service and benefiting from the wonderful word-of-mouth endorsements of our guests. I am a lifelong nudist/naturist and was raised with the healthy attitude that nude bodies are natural, no matter their size or shape. As a teenager going through puberty, that was very reassuring. Very few people have perfect bodies and thankfully, that is not at all what nudism is about!

Mira Vista does not market to, or specifically "invite a younger, height-weight proportional crowd that has cash to spend." We welcome all people who enjoy nudism or want to try it for the first time and do not discriminate against anyone. I have owned nudist resorts for 28 years and have been to over 45 clubs and resorts. I know of none that don't have the same philosophy that we do. We do maintain a comfortable, non-sexual nude environment in all public areas. Occasionally, a guest's personal opinion of appropriate behavior differs with that of Mira Vista policy. A discreet word from a staff member is usually all that is necessary and there are no hard feelings on either side.

Mira Vista is not in any financial trouble. The poster is incorrect as to the number of Casa condo units sold. Those in the rental program are our most popular rental rooms. We feel very fortunate to have started and built up this business during less than ideal economic times.
Stoughton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

WOW !!!!! What a great place. We stayed in the condo section from 3/27-3/31/2012. The grounds are clean, pools clean and warm. We just had drinks at the Cantina, we brought our food to cook in the condo. The resort is great but the people that keep it going from checking you in, the maids, grounds keeper are all nice and helpful. We meet some many nice people over the week, it was very hard to leave, but we are coming back next year again.

Alex & Heather
Wisconsin,USA

Room Tip: We stayed in a private own condos , very nicely decorated.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I have known about Mira Vista Resort for a long time, but we rarely get the chance to get away by ourselves. We're certainly glad that we used some rare alone time to go here this past weekend. The atmosphere is certainly relaxing and the guests, as well as staff, are very polite and friendly. Everyone was welcoming and sweet.. but didn't intrude on our space. The grounds and rooms (premium room) were clean and comfortable. We didn't use the gym or the restaurant services, but we look forward to trying them next time. Happy hour was fun and lively, however we didn't attend the night club dance, because that's just not our scene. The pools were gorgeous and clean, with plenty of seating in the sun, or under cover. Come and enjoy yourself- you won't be disappointed.

Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from staying the weekend at Mira Vista. Let me first preface this review, and state my husband and I have stayed at Mira vista once before and had a great time. We played volleyball, hung out at the pool, enjoyed the dancing at the on-site bar. However; This time was we had a much different and unsatisfactory experience.
My husband and I are in our early to mid 40's and are in realatively good shape (we belong to a gym, run, bike, do yoga.. Etc)... Okay.. I think we have great (for 40's) bodies- We take pride in our bodies and enjoy being naked and in the sun..
Omg... I think we are the only ones there who adhere to this philposohpy. We were by far the youngest and the most in shape couple. I agree thAt people come in all shapes and sizes and it is liberating to be naked. But goodness. I felt like we entered a naked retirement community social.
Also, there was a volleyball game, but it ends right at 4pm on Saturday. If you do not know this and arrive at 4:05 pm and want to play volleyball... You are out of luck.
So.. To sum it up. After 200$ for room and 2 drinks. We will not be returning any time too soon

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I found Mira Vista is a beautiful comfortable place to stay in late February. But the large pool was a little chilly for lap swimming, I would estimate about 66 to 69 depending on which day I was in it. But the rest of the guests used the Spa or smaller warmer pool, I was the only crazy lap swimmer.

The food is great when the restaurant is open.

It was so clear and pretty and quiet at night except for the Hoot Owls.

Mira Vista is in a good location to jump off in a car to see the many outdoor attractions in the Tucson area. It is about 2 miles to a Walmart, Starbucks, Chili's, Coldstone, In and Out Burger and more.

My wife and I are long time Nudists but this would be a comfortable place for first timers too.

This will be a good winter destination for us in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
twoonthego, Owner at Mira Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay last week. I just want to clarify a few things about our pools for other readers of your review. At least three out of four of our pools and spas are always heated. The spa is heated to 102-103', the 30 foot long jetted conversation pool is heated to 98-100' and the 20' X 40' pool is heated to 84-86'. The other large pool is not heated in the winter when the desert night time temperatures dip into the 40s and 50s. Lap swimmers are welcome in the 20' X 40' pool at all times, except when water volleyball games are being played. (usually a couple of hours each on Sat and Sun) That pool was added 4 years ago specifically to conform to the regulation size and depth for water volleyball. It's shallower depth makes it much easier to heat than the deeper original pool.

I'm glad that you, as a long-time nudist, noticed that Mira Vista is an ideal resort for first-timers to clothing-optional recreation too. We get many overnight and day guests who are experiencing a nude resort for the first time in the comfortable and relaxed enironment of Mira Vista. We look forward to your next visit.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Mira Vista, which I think is becoming a premier clothing optional resort in the Southwest if not the entire country. The facilities were good, the staff was nice, and the weather was perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mira Vista Resort? Share your experiences!