“New, Eclectic, Unique and kinda loud” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lakeland Florida
“New, Eclectic, Unique and kinda loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It's open for a short time, so we were curious. It's kind of hard to find unless you have GPS...even if it is on a main drive. The atmosphere is cafeteria open bistro, the menus are minimalistic (I would have liked to have seen pictures or color). VERY ECLECTIC selections. You can't find any of this fare anywhere else. So it was a delightful challenge. Most items sounded pretty yummy. Their grilled cheese is a little over the top. I had the classic breakfast and it was prepared just the way I ordered it. The home fries are not greasy but flavored without a lot of salt. The grape jelly is in house and not super sweet. My first experience with a Cro-nut was interesting, but I would have liked it warm I think. The food was good. The seating area and bathrooms were clean and simple. Friend one had the Poutine, said it was a little heavy on the gravy but nice. Friend two had the cubano and didn't like it at all. The pickles flavored the bread. Not dill...maybe bread and butter? She said perhaps the duck was her issue...Not a favorite at all. Fries were fresh but a little limp and unsalted. She had a raspberry cream cheese Danish which was moist and quite tasty. You have to ASK for the danish selections and they are NOT included on their menus. We had one issue with our drinks which was fixed immediately and our wait staff was very attentive. Overall, a lovely experience. A second trip? Yes. Worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“GREAT NEW ADDITION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It's hard to keep up with all the options in Tucson. Such a great restaurant city for it's size, and here comes another one.. Great food, staff and creative menu. First time, but it won't be our last....
Prices are very reasonable...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harper Woods, Michigan
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited on a Sunday around 11:00am and it was really busy but the staff was exceptionally friendly. Because I was alone, I opted to sit at the bar and was seated right away. Since I was driving, I skipped the impressive cocktail list but would love to go back and try one or two of the specialty mimosas. Instead I had the grapefruit juice, sweet potato hash and bacon. All were served promptly and everything tasted really good. Lots of local fresh menu items. The servers were all was young, energetic and pleasant. If I were based in Tucson, this would be a regular stop for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona
“A Happy New Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I search for new places to meet for lunch. At her suggestion we met at Prep and Pastry, a new restaurant on Campbell near Fort Lowell and loved it. The decor is particularly warm and bright, the ambiance is lively and fun, and the service is friendly and welcoming. I had a very good cheese omelet with hash and my daughter had a large, delicious looking grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque soup. The folks sitting next to us had the Bacon Lucy (double patty, bacon, gruyere, egg, and thousand island on a brioche bun) and said it was delicious. It's what I'll have the next time. In fact, all the sandwiches looked pretty amazing. There's ample parking. The restaurant has an outdoor eating area, which may be useful when the weather cools off. By noon, I couldn't see an empty table inside. I'll certainly go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United States
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went for brunch and came away totally satisfied. The only substandard item that we ate was the cronut. Dry and cardboardy otherwise all the food we ordered was superb. Will definitely eat there again when I am in Tucson next.

• Visited May 2014