“Thanks for a great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 268 things to do in Tucson
Minneapolis, Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
“Thanks for a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This outfit operates out of several locations - I rode out of Hacienda del Sol. Nancy and Val were great - thanks for making me feel welcome. The only odd thing was that they never asked me my level of experience or comfort with horses. If you have concerns or are an experienced rider and want a "peppier" horse, I would recommend bringing that up when you call to make the reservation. Trails were pretty and varied. Would ride with them again.

Visited February 2013

Canton, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
“Relaxing and tranquil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We took the short trail ride at their Old Spanish Trail location and were taken into the Saguero National Park for our ride. Our wrangler was very helpful and loved sharing stories of his many experiences, he kept a close check on us and still gave us plenty of quiet time to enjoy the surroundings. My sister is quite the horsewoman and she was completely satisfied with the ride. I, on the other hand, am very inexperienced and they choose the perfect horse for me. When my horse was startled, he didn't bolt and when a jack rabbit ran in front of us, he didn't even react.
I think the downside was the woman in front of me who just had to stay "connected". Why does an i-phone even have to work in the middle of the desert?
Remember to bring water with a shoulder strap, a hat, and plenty of sunscreen.

Visited September 2012
Somerville, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
“Comfortable Ride With Great Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Spanish outfitters has a couple of different locations. We were at the Rocking K Ranch @13401 E. Spanish Trail. Nancy was our phone contact. Scheduled our ride one day in advance. Am not the most experienced rider. Horses were very well behaved. Felt very safe. This was a walking tour. Took the half day ride. Well worth the $125. price. They have cheaper/shorter rides, down to $40. Our guide/wrangler was John. Very engaged and focused on our having a good time. A real highlight was viewing Indian petroglyphs. If you're interested in seeing the desert and low mountains at a quiet and slow pace, then this is the ticket.

Visited March 2012
Tucson, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience, wrangler, horses and owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I did a lot of research on places that offer horseback riding in Tucson and decided to go with the Westward Look location for Spanish Trail Outfitters. The one hour trail ride was only $40, plus gratuity to the wrangler who certainly deserved it! While I am used to riding more out in the open with the ability to run a little, the trail ride was a nice relaxing hour with a wrangler who was very knowledgable about the area. She was very engaging with everyone on the ride, (there were 5 of us) and it was a really great time.

The surroundings, while desert were on resort property, so there were people and buildings around, but it was still really enjoyable. The owner who was very nice (Nancy) told me they also have an east location on 3300 acres of private property available for rides also. Overall, my trail ride with wrangler Valerie was awesome! I will definitely return and take my daughters this summer.

Visited February 2012
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“The most relaxed riding experience against a beautiful backdrop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was looking for something to do on my last day in Tucson and came across horseback riding on the internet. I noticed i wasn't that far from it and decided to go. It was the best thing i did. This place had beautiful views. The horses were well trained and very friendly. The guides were very helpful and a lot of fun. I cannot wait to go back and visit them again!

Visited November 2010