“Food + Service + Ambience + View = Value in the Foothills” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Acacia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Skyline and Campbell
Tucson
“Food + Service + Ambience + View = Value in the Foothills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is an excellent alternative to the high-priced Vivace just up the hill - not sure why it is not better known and appreciated. I enjoyed the halibut immensely - and it was served as ordered, with double vegetables, no rice, no butter on the fish. It came with an excellent grapefruit dressing, wonderful pairing. My husband enjoyed the hanger steak, again cooked as ordered. Our companions enjoyed the lamb chops and another serving of halibut. Service was professional and warm at the same time. The acoustics are such that we could hear each other well over the friendly hum of other diners. And the view of the City lights in hard to beat.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Just not special anymore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had dinner her on a recent Saturday night and were disappointed. We have eaten in Acacia in the old St. Phillips location as well as eaten in this location for brunch, but this time we were disappointed. I realize that it is summer in Tucson, hot and now humid from the monsoons and everyone is dragging. But when I eat out I expect a little more than that in a restaurant, especially in a restaurant with the reputation that Acacia has or had.

We came in through the "back" door where the handicap packing is located and were confused as to where to check in with the hostess. There were three servers standing there having a discussion and not one of them took notice to point us in the right direction or welcome us. We found the hostess station and checked in and were seated, but as I said, the energy just was missing, servers seemed distracted and not interested.

Our server was pleasant and repeatedly checked to see that we were satisfied with our choices, but something seemed to be missing. The food was good, but not special. In the past the food was special and there was a vibrancy that is now missing.

The bar, although empty at the time was interesting. Here is our confusion. Is Acacia supposed to be a nice upscale restaurant or a sports bar. Looking at the bar with the TV's, you would feel like you were in a sports bar, but sitting at the nicely laid out tables, you would think you were in a nice upscale restaurant. Acacia doesn't seem to be able to decide which clientele to attract. We were confused as well.

When I am eating in a better restaurant and bread is served, I would expect the bread to be warm. How hard it that to keep the bread in a warming drawer?? This may seem like a little thing, but the little things are what separates average restaurants from great restaurants. I know Acacia has the chef and venue to come back to a better place in the Tucson restaurant scene. The views are spectacular, it just needs to find the energy that it once had and to decide what it wants to be when it grows up, a great restaurant or an average sports bar. I hope it decides to be a great restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been here a number of times and have enjoyed it every time. Fantastic view of the city with food to match. Not inexpensive but then again good experiences never are.

Visited May 2014
tucson
“Just Like the Movie "Chef"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had just seen the movie "Chef" and our dinner was as beautiful and delicious as the food prepared in the movie. Albert Hall is an outstanding Chef and we have eaten here many times before but this was one of the best meals ever. We shared the hard smoked Trout with wasabi cucumber cream cheese and crackers. I had the special - Coca Cola marinated roasted Pork Shoulder on corn puree with pickled jalapeños. My DH had the Grilled Rainbow Trout with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, vegetable, and potatoes. We ate every drop. The Pork was incredible. Dessert was the zebra striped brownie with vanilla ice cream that we shared. I don't usually go on like this ... but... It was all very, very, good.

Saratoga, California
“Good food, great views,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a really nice dinner here - food was good, service was good - I was surprised it was so busy on a weeknight that we had to take reservations at 8:00 pm on a Tuesday, but they did appear to be pretty busy. It was quite pricey - but not out of line with other meals we've had recently. No problems with food or service - so I'd definitely be back again.

• Visited March 2014