“Don't miss this diner for breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Don't miss this diner for breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went on a Sunday morning, & it was about 3/4 full. Hubby had a Cowboy Omelet, and I had biscuits and gravy with a side of home fries. The biscuits had several sausage patties on top with lots of gravy over all. I am picky about my biscuits & gravy and I think these are the best I have ever had. Hubby's omelet was large and he had coffee cake on the side. He liked it very much but wants to try the chicken fried steak next time. The service was good, the diner is charming, and prices are reasonable. We are planning on going back next weekend! YUMMY

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Best Kept Secret in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Situated in the corner of a small strip mall, the Crying Onion is a local "hole-in-the-wall" for breakfast and lunch.
Crowded on weekend mornings. Get there early or weight in line for a table. Weekdays are not so busy.
I enjoy the polish kielbasa and eggs with home fries and toast. My wife likes the sweet potato pancakes. Everything on the menu looks good.
Rest rooms are spotless. Service is pleasant and prompt (slower on the weekend when the place is packed).
Prices are very reasonable.
We take our out-of-town visitors there for breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Easy going place with incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Highly recommend trying this place for some amazing breakfast. Its laid back with decent service and great food. Everything I have tried has left me very impressed. My husband likes to get his hair cut at the barber shop next door and we stop in here for breakfast when he goes. Its so wonderful, such a nice weekend treat. Worth every penny.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Breakfast in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

If your looking for an awesome Mom & Pop resturant for breakfast look no further! Consistently great food quality and great service has keep me coming back every week for 8 yrs! :)

Enjoy!

Florida
“Outstanding breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I love a good breakfast when traveling. I had read reviews of the Crying Onion Café and we gave it a try. Without Trip Advisor I doubt that we would have gone here as it is located in a small strip mall and we wouldn't have even seen it. It would have been our loss. The food and service was very good. We went two days in a a row. The first day I had huevos rancheros and they were good. However, my husband had a pecan pancake and it was outstanding. I am very picky when it comes to pancakes and don't like them if they are doughy. I had one taste of my husbands pancake and knew that when we returned that I would have them. That is exactly what happened. Yummy!! The place was very clean and the service was great. Sure wish we lived close enough to return.

• Visited May 2014