“Best Kept Secret in Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Kept Secret in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Situated in the corner of a small strip mall, the Crying Onion is a local "hole-in-the-wall" for breakfast and lunch.
Crowded on weekend mornings. Get there early or weight in line for a table. Weekdays are not so busy.
I enjoy the polish kielbasa and eggs with home fries and toast. My wife likes the sweet potato pancakes. Everything on the menu looks good.
Rest rooms are spotless. Service is pleasant and prompt (slower on the weekend when the place is packed).
Prices are very reasonable.
We take our out-of-town visitors there for breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Easy going place with incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Highly recommend trying this place for some amazing breakfast. Its laid back with decent service and great food. Everything I have tried has left me very impressed. My husband likes to get his hair cut at the barber shop next door and we stop in here for breakfast when he goes. Its so wonderful, such a nice weekend treat. Worth every penny.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Breakfast in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

If your looking for an awesome Mom & Pop resturant for breakfast look no further! Consistently great food quality and great service has keep me coming back every week for 8 yrs! :)

Enjoy!

Florida
“Outstanding breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I love a good breakfast when traveling. I had read reviews of the Crying Onion Café and we gave it a try. Without Trip Advisor I doubt that we would have gone here as it is located in a small strip mall and we wouldn't have even seen it. It would have been our loss. The food and service was very good. We went two days in a a row. The first day I had huevos rancheros and they were good. However, my husband had a pecan pancake and it was outstanding. I am very picky when it comes to pancakes and don't like them if they are doughy. I had one taste of my husbands pancake and knew that when we returned that I would have them. That is exactly what happened. Yummy!! The place was very clean and the service was great. Sure wish we lived close enough to return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tombstone, Arizona
“Best breakfast -reasonable prices- excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

So glad I chose this place to meet the family for breakfast! My daughters loved their food. Chorizo for one and she raved about the homemade beans that were served with it. The other had the veggie scramble and loved every bite. Pancakes were to die for! And eggs properly over medium prepared to go with awesome home fries! Hubby loved their link sausage! Will drive the hour and half again just for that great breakfast!