“Hospitality and Security” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
Carefree, Arizona
“Hospitality and Security”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Bib Blue House just sitting and lying around the charming, well equipped room. The Breakfasts were excellent, the best we've ever eaten at a B&B. The Hostess was definitely the most cordial, interesting and articulate we've ever met. The Big Blue House is located a 3 minute walk from the University District with dozens of eclectic shops and eateries. Probably our best ever weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Recently my husband and I stayed at The Big Blue House. When we looked at photos on their website we could tell it was going to be a nice place but in person it was 10 times more beautiful. The grounds were lush with greenery and the huge wrap-around porch was so inviting. As we stepped onto it we could almost feel the history of the old house. Lea, the owner, showed us to room 5, which is a lovely 2 room suite with a private bath. The furnishings were gorgeous antiques, and there was interesting literature to read about the house. It was nice to be able to walk a short distance to restaurants, galleries and live music, then come back to a cozy room and comfy bed. And the very best part, BREAKFAST! Lea said it would be served "between 7:30ish and 9:ish," but I woke up at 9:30. When i walked into the breakfast cottage there was a delicious scent of sweet and savory in the air, but I had missed it. Then when I called to ask about checkout, Ken, the other owner, sweetly scolded me for missing breakfast. He said today had been biscuits and gravy, my favorite. When I told him that, he said if I could be there in 2 minutes, Lea would make me breakfast. I made it in time and ate the best biscuits & gravy I've ever had. Ken and Lea visited with me while i ate. They're both very friendly and down-to-earth. Lea makes everything from scratch with love and I could tell by how awesome it tasted. I went back to my room with arms full of leftovers for my sleeping husband, who awoke to breakfast in bed at a bed & breakfast.
Everything about our stay was perfect and we will definitely stay there whenever we visit Tucson. We might plan a trip just so we can stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

If the chain properties bore you, you will love The Big Blue House! You get the conveniences of the chain properties in an ultra-charming setting with the warmth of caring hosts. An added bonus is conversation and traded experiences over breakfast with the interesting guests the Inn attracts. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago, for two nights. The room was great and the wrap around porch very relaxing. It was nice and quiet and we could walk to the University or dinner nearby. Laslo the cat was best friends with anyone who would pet him. Breakfast was great one day and so-so the next. It would have been nice if you could serve yourself (what I've found at most B&Bs) instead of having it dished out for you. We would definitely go back for a weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room two and found it roomy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Big Blue House during the 4th Avenue Street Fair 2013. Wonderful accommodations, friendly hosts, and a very nice breakfast every morning. Only 2 blocks from the Street Fair, which we enjoyed immensely. We stayed in Room 1, Zen, and felt like we had our own private front porch sitting area. Great location in Tucson! It was everything we expected, as described on the website. Will definitely come again! Thanks from Don & Mary!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver City, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We did not find this place a joy to stay there. First, the room promised was not available, so the host folks switched us to a lesser room. Secondly, the gentleman was short and not helpful when we called for a check-in time. Thirdly, we communicated three different times about a diet need we have. Yet, the need was ignored. Sadly, this was a birthday trip, so we were disappointed. We will not return.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room promised.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WestU, Owner at The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We wish we had a chance to show all of our rooms to this guest... All of the rooms at The Big Blue House have the exact same amenities and square footage. There are no "lesser rooms"
We are disappointed this guest did not communicate their diet needs to the personal sous chef on duty at the time. All that is necessary is request and we will prepare your "special needs" meal on the spot.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very comfortable room. Great breakfasts. Terrific location for walking to the University. Lea and Ken were extremely helpful, not least in storing a number of parcels for me prior to my arrival. Really enjoyed sitting in a rocking chair on the spacious verandah. I'll definitely return and strongly recommend BBH to friends planning to visit Tucson.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn? Share your experiences!