“Great house - with history” 5 of 5 stars

The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   144 E. University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85705   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Great house - with history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this great big blue house. It is clean, comfortable and oh my god the fridge is always full with drinks, yogurts, fresh pastries and fruit. There was only 2 of us but I am sure if we had another person or two in the room there would have been more than enough to feed them all. It was a shame we only stayed 2 nights, but when I do come back I will make sure that I come back to the house again.The room has everything you need to make it a memorable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baldwin City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed 4 nights in Room 1. We loved sitting on the porch in the mornings drinking coffee and planning our day. We also enjoyed the quiet nieghborhood. We live in the country and were concerned about 'city noise"--not a problem here. This residential neighborhood is within walking distance of downtown, 4th Ave., and U of A. We would stay there again and will recommend to our friends and family. We would like to live in that neighborhood some day. The Ramsey's are friendly, helpful people who gave us great advice on what to see and do while in the area

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
WestU, Owner at The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
We enjoyed your company and it is always fun and a pleasure to introduce potential new neighbors to this beautiful University area historic neighborhood.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for a week prior to moving into our new house. The cottage was clean and pleasant. We had cats with us and the owners were wonderful about that. I would highly recommend the Big Blue House to anyone looking to stay near the University, 4th St., and downtown. We will recommend the Big Blue House to family and friends when they come to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
WestU, Owner at The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
We are thrilled that you appreciated our free-standing Pet Friendly Cottage. Although the cottage is our only pet friendly room, we do enjoy our furry friends... and we like the pets too.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

A lovely house in a great central location. You felt more at home, and Lea and Ken are like friends, you can talk and ask questions, and find out what you need to know about Tucson. The whole experience was like visiting a good friend who had a really nice house.

Room Tip: We had room 3 in the back on the side. Very quiet right on the porch with an east view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed in "The Big Blue House" during our house hunting trip to Tucson. Our room was beautiful and the Ramsey's were very friendly and helpful. This B&B is a short walk to the U of A and great value for money. Stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved every moment. The photos really do not do the rooms justice. We had room 5 and it was lovely and homely from head to toe, plenty of room for us 4 girls in our twenties. We spent our mornings enjoying the fresh pastries, coffee and tea on the huge wrap around porch, which is equally as perfect for reading on in the afternoon. It is extremely close to the delights of 4th Ave (great vintage shopping, bars and food) and Lea is more than happy to help with any questions you may have about things to see and do while in town. Thanks again Lea for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Room 6 is mine! I love that room. It has an awesome bed and really interesting furnishings. Lea, the hostess, was friendly and showed me around the house to see the different rooms and the unique decor of each room. I loved reading about the history of the place in the booklet they created and had in my room. And I so enjoyed talking to Lea and her son about the all renovations they are currently doing. I am so impressed with the attention to detail in their work. The Big Blue House was my first B & B and it is special to me. I will be back and am now hooked on B & B's because of the wonderful experience I had at The Big Blue House The location was perfect, just down the street from the U of A. I loved walking up and down University Blvd. What a cool area! Walked down to a local restaurant for dinner. It was a nice stroll. I wish my stay at the Big Blue House could have stayed longer so I could enjoy sitting on the porch and watching the world go by. Next time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
WestU, Owner at The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Every time I read this review it makes me smile :) Lea

Been to The Big Blue House Tucson Boutique inn? Share your experiences!