“Very nice B&B near the university” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
Prices are for rooms, adults
Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2020 E 7th St, Tucson, AZ 85719   |
Ranked #9 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
Innsbruck, Austria
“Very nice B&B near the university”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was staying one week at the Sam Hughes Inn during a conference which took place at the university. It is about 15 min from University campus away. The hot breakfast was really delicious and every morning different. Susan is very nice and tries to help in every way she can. I stayed in the Tombstone room, which is very quiet as it is in a separated little house in the garden. I can recommend this Inn to every one and would return immediately, if I am in the area again.
Veronika

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We (my daughter and our friend) spent two nights at the Sam Hughes Inn. What a lovely home in a pleasant neighborhood! Welcoming, colorful decor, plenty of space to relax. We were in the Santa Fe room, which accmmodates three people. The property also features a lovely courtyard with a fountain and shade - a great place to relax after a day of touring. Susan, our hostess, could not have been more helpful or accommodating. We enjoyed the restaurant she recommended (Cafe Poca Cosa) so much the first night that we went back the second night. Both mornings we requested an early breakfast and Susan graciously provided it for us; juice, fresh fruit, a quiche one morning and outstanding French toast the next. We would be delighted to stay here again on our next visit to Tucson; we just hope it can be for a longer time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had the opportunity to spend a week in Tucson and attend a conference at the university. I can just recommend this lovely inn to anyone. It is in the Sam Hughes historic neighborhood at walking distance from the UA campus. Whoever looks for a nice place where they are taken care of and not just served, this is it. Susan is a wonderful host and knows Tucson very well. She can always help with maps, flyers or advice to plan a visit. Delicious hot breakfasts were served every morning at 8am with a selection of drinks. Breakfast is organic and vegetarian. Wireless internet is also included. Walls are thin, one may notice the neighbors, but not to the level of discomfort. To us the Sam Hughes Inn is superior compared to Marriott or Aloft and we would definitely stay there again. Peter

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pino Torinese, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

A very pleasant B&B. The Mexican style decor is very nice and cozy.
Comfortable, quiet, great breakfast, every day different.
There are many updated brochures on things to see around Tucson.
Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at the Sam Hughes Inn. We had a wonderful time...Susan was very attentive to all the details. She was also very accomodating for our schedules. One morning we wanted to be out early, so she arranged for a breakfast at 7am. My husband and I also follow a (mostly) vegan diet, and Susan provided several options so everyone was happy at breakfast! The room was extremely comfortable, and I almost jumped up and down when I saw how big our bathroom was! Our trip involved several of the Tucson sites, and activities, including the parks, hiking, and shopping. Everything was very convenient from the inn. When we come back, we will certainly stay here again!

Another tip for Tucson visitors: The Tucson visitor center offers a coupon book for many of the activities around town. There are several excellent 2-for-1 deals. These are available at the visitor center, or even the University Book Store. Check this out before you pay admission to anything in town!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nogales room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
somerville MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Susan Banner's inn is wonderful. I found it on the internet, so didn't know what I'd find when I arrived. From the minute I stepped out of my car to the moment I said good bye, I knew that I had found the right place for my husband and me. The front of her house is unassuming. There is off street parking amidst beautiful cacti. Susan took us on a short tour of her inn. Inside color schemes had a southwestern flavor. Our room was immaculate: The AC worked perfectly. The bathroom had a guest basket of every toiletry I needed. The backyard was serene with a fountain, a lit ramada, cacti and benches. All entrances were locked and secure. We had keys. Breakfast was served at 8:30am or earlier. It was delicious: Susan had asked prior about any food allergies. She cooked very well. Her other guests were very nice. She was friendly and interested in us. We left feeling like we had made a new friend. We would like to stay here again. Sylvia Shurcliff

Room Tip: Susan Banner works hard and deserves five stars for all she did during the time we were at her inn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a lovely room looking out in the the peaceful courtyard. We were there for three night and only had one breakfast. While our one breakfast was delicious, if you are an early riser hoping to get to go to the Desert Museum before the heat and crowds, you might want to ask for a "to go" breakfast. Breakfast is served around 8:30am. We found that to be the only drawback. The other two mornings we had appointments that precluded our staying for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!