“Lovely, sound and light proof - just don’t expect to cook here” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson - Reid Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   102 N Avernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711   |
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Whitby, Canada
“Lovely, sound and light proof - just don’t expect to cook here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Upscale furnishings in spacious rooms. Two large flat screen TVs. Our room has a walkout to a private gated balcony with 5 foot high fence, beyond which is a really lovely pool (on this day too cool to swim in) located in the centre of the complex of rooms, totally private from passing traffic. Friendly staff.

No sound penetrates the walls, at least at night. Its curtains shut, the room is in total darkness even in full daylight. Anyone who has to sleep in the daytime would appreciate this feature.

There is a mini fridge, a microwave and sink. There is a “breakfast bar” with three tall stools and a table with two regular chairs. We came under the misunderstanding that some cooking was possible but we should have read the fine print. There is no dish detergent because there are no dishes. There are no plates, no cutlery, no glasses except for the usual plastic glasses with a coffee maker, no dishcloths, no towels – cloth or paper, not even a bottle opener. The lack of these items was remedied for under $10 at the local dollar store.

There is no door between the bedroom and living room.

Breakfast is included.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the private balcony and easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Yuma, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

One of the nastiest La Quinta rooms we have stayed in. Upon check-in I noticed something in the toilet. Thinking my husband had gone in an emergency I disregarded what I had seen. I later asked him if he had used the bathroom and he said he had not. I then thought it must have been scratches or flaws in the porcelain. After a few flushes, the marks went away, so I am pretty sure I know what they were!!! We never pulled the spread up over us at night. It remained folded at the foot of the bed. After our second night of sleep it fell to the floor. When I picked it up to put it back on the bed, a brown, round stain revealed itself from the under side of the spread. I am not saying it was a fecal stain from someone passing juicy gasses, but that is certainly what it looked like to me!!! The final straw was when I showered and a long black hair was in my towel. These things are simply unexcuseable. It will be the last time we stay at this location. Travelers beware!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Poipu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed location and staff services. Wonderful breakfast provided. Comfortable rooms - fantastic pool area. Newly renovated facility. Groceries and restaurants nearby. Went down for tennis match and only had to walk half a block to get there. Very convenient. 9 miles from airport. Great Mexican restaurant next door to hotel.

Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the welcome to leaving this La Quinta was so nice...we almost gave up on this chain because the quality across the board has been so bad. I had La Quinta points to use up and it is hard to find ADA rooms, anywhere these days. Although the bathroom was way too small for anyone in a power chair , we managed in a push chair to do a transfer. The restaraunt across the street was great too. No laundry room in this facility tho, we had to go to our first laundry mat. The place was cheerful and the rooms were quiet.

Room Tip: This property is surprising in that it is so quiet, yet on a main road.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was great! I've stayed at other La Quinta properties but this one really stood out. It is in an accessible party of the city, so I didn't have to drive around blindly looking for food or gas. The room was clean, modern and no noise at all. But I think what really made me decide to stay there again was the fact that the employees were so friendly! They greet you with a smile everywhere you go, that certainly made things even better! And, not to mention the breakfast buffet, yum! I had never had bacon, sausage AND eggs prepared three different ways at any hotel. Usually, it's just danish, donuts, coffee and maybe a waffle machine. This one had all of those items, plus yogurt, as well as a variety of breads. I am a drummer with Tucson and District Pipe Band, hence my reason for going, so when I return to play with them in the future at the Tucson Celtic Festival, I will surely stay there. Highly recommend it!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to the venue that my sister was getting married at. The website says it's been recently renovated. It did look like fresh paint and flooring but it's still obviously an older building in need of a full renovation. I stayed in a suite on the second floor. The elevator was loud and sounded like it was scraping against something metal and scared me so I took the stairs after that. The bed was ok and I probably would've slept better except for the sounds early in the morning of the push carts the maids use rolling on the concrete right outside my window and down the halls. So much for sleeping in. Maybe TMI here but while sitting on the pot I had to to stretch my arm all the way out and lean left just to reach the TP! When I turned the shower on a brown water filled the plugged tub (the plug doesn't stay open), after draining that I got in and the shower head is aiming up and to the left (it can't be moved) so I literally had to lean in toward the shower wall and stand at the back of the tub to get hit by water. Not even safe. The next morning I found my sliding glass door does not lock. I'm glad I didn't see it before bed or I probably would've stayed awake worrying. I know this is not a 4 or 5 star resort but while leaving and struggling with my bags and arms full a man who worked there walked past me, muttered hello and kept walking while looking at his phone. Really? Common courtesy would be nice. If I could do it over again I would stay a little further from the venue and stay where I felt it was clean and safe.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Huntington Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

Stayed during University of Arizona Family Weekend. From check in to check out, everyone we spoke to or asked for help was very friendly and eager/ quick to help. A lot of things pretty much minutes away. Hotel is also pet friendly so princess could come with the family. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!