“Nice Decor, No Hot Water” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson - Reid Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   102 N Avernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711   |
Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Winchester, VA
“Nice Decor, No Hot Water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This appears to be a newly renovated and upgraded hotel. The staff are friendly and attentive; however the promise more than they can deliver. The morning after I arrived I was treated to a literal cold shower, well not quite cold, but at bet tepid. When I reported it to the desk the person on duty assured me it would be reported. Well, it turns out there is a difference between reported and fixed. I assumed fixed, my bad. The next morning the same temperature greeted me from the shower head. I don't think I would stay here again unless I checked to make sure the water worked in my room first. Since i was only staying two night I have no idea whether they fixed it or not.

Room Tip: Ask if the water is working properly when you check in. Then check as soon as you get in your room...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the large king was very spacious and we totally enjoyed the pool area-not able to utilize the free breakfast but the dining room looked very nice. The bed was very comfortable and a spacious bathroom.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Escondido, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Friends and I stayed at the old hotel, a couple of years ago, before it became La Quinta. Booked this hotel again because we like the location and the Old Pueblo Grill next door. The change was shocking- decrepit to luxurious! We'll be booking rooms for the February gem show!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my favorite La Quinta in Tucson, AZ. With the new remodel, this property's facelift has "FRESH" written all over it. He rooms are oversized compared with a lot of other properties. He pool area and bar are both accommodating and convenient.
Being right in the middle of Tucson, it's very easy to go any direction to whatever Tucson has to offer on any given night.
If you want a "Room Service" type meal, the City Grill is next door and will deliver to your room with an upscale menu.
Although golf is not on my agenda, here are two very nice courses a stones throw away from the hotel.
Will certainly return. Thanks La. Quinta, a job well done!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I guess most people that have stayed here do not seem to have much experience staying in hotel/motels. While the property has been remodeled which I feel is done well, the staff seem a bit clueless. The person that checked me in seemed to know virtually nothing. There was someone else that guided her along the process of how to accept a credit card and so on. You would think they would do a little more to train someone before they get in front of guests. Secondly, the hotel is basically empty but I was placed far in the back right across from an extremely loud ice machine that wasn't even working! Had a sign on it to call the front desk for ice. Why it was plugged in anyway making a very loud noise I have not idea but I did unplug it for my own sanity. This property clearly needs better trained staff and apparently better maintenance people as well. Even though the paint job is shoddy I give this a 3 star because of the remodel and certainly not for the loud out of order ice machine across from my room and not for the poorly (if at all) trained staff. This place needs to get their act together.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a parking lot view and away from any ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great stay in the Old Pueblo in July- were able to check in early which was a great relief since we had our boxer dog with us! Oakleigh was so kind, nice, personable- will definitely stay here again. Can't beat the rate, breakfast, clean facilities and convenience to UAZ. We will be back - soon!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!