“Great food in downtown Tucson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe Milano

Caffe Milano
46 W Congress St, Tucson, AZ 85701-1312 (El Presidio)
520-628-1601
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 1,748 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: El Presidio
madison, wi
“Great food in downtown Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Happened upon Caffe Milano walking downtown Tucson on vacation last week. It was a great find. Food was fantastic. Owner and staff very friendly. Ended up there for lunch, dinner or coffee everyday for the rest of my trip. Felt like I was back in Italy!
Tim
Madison, WI

Visited February 2011

arizona
“great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We love the paninis. When my husband explained he could not have cheese, the person taking orders suggested roasted red peppers instead. He made us feel welcome.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakewood, Colorado
“Gnocchi saved my evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

I got lost, alone, walking around downtown Tucson looking for another famous restaurant. The owner stopped me on the street and asked me if I was lost and why didn't I have something to eat at his place. He was very sweet, with a thick Italian accent but wearing cowboy boots, jeans, a western shirt, and a bolo tie with a silver and turquoise concha. He and his wife are great! After I had been hiking around all day, first in the desert, then in the mountains, then in the dark downtown, their server was so sweet and helped me pick the most perfect, comforting dish of Gnocchi. I chose it half-and-haf with a hearty authentic meat sauce on half and the most delicious most mouthwatering gorgonzola sauce on the other. Even their bread was good, served with a yummy herb butter. The restaurant was not very busy and I didn't even go inside, since it was perfect weather to eat on the patio. So I have no comments on the decor or atmosphere. I found the service to be responsive: at least 4 different people asked me how my meal was, including both the owners. Their hours are a little odd, so be sure to check in advance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Great place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

This restaurant is very traditional Italian. The salads and pannini are to die for. This is one of the few placed downtown I will eat at, as it is most enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good and inexpensive lunch menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Very good and inexpensive lunch menu.