“Great lunch offerings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B-Line

B-Line
621 N 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705-8447 (West University)
520-882-7575
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 1,697 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Eclectic
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: West University
Port Townsend, WA
“Great lunch offerings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spinach salad was fantastic. Service was thoughtful as I warned them that I needed a grilled vegie sandwich to go but that I didn't want prepared too soon as it is supposed to be served hot. The timing was great and the sandwich and drink was wrapped and delivered to our table about the time we finished our salads. When in town I'd definitely eat here again and try more of their menu offerings. Also the vegie sandwich got a big thumbs up from my vegetarian daughter.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Sweet Strawberry/Mango Pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are cruising 4th Ave either during the day or out at the bars at night you need to stop by the B-line Cafe for dessert. And by dessert I mean the holy grail that is the Strawberry/Mango Pie! Have them warm it up for you and do not plan to share...it's so good you won't want too!

Tucson
“Great place for a dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We enjoyed dinner here last night, the food was great but it was a little pricey. They have a great dessert selection. The atmosphere is really fun too.

Tucson, Arizona
“Good Place to Be With the UofA Students, But Food is Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stopped for breakfast about 9:00AM. The line really started after we sat down. There aren't a lot of tables so Dinner would be another problem for them. The breakfast was good except for the Canadian Bacon. It was paper thin, dried out, and unappealing. The potatoes were too done and dried out. The eggs and toast was good. We both liked the coffee; it had a distinct taste which was different than say a Starbucks.

The service is good and the staff was very pleasant and helpful.

I'm a little hesitant about doing dinner but the menu is very interesting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Don't Pass It By”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were just wandering in the Fourth Avenue area of Tucson playing tourist. Fourth Avenue is a bit similar to some areas in San Francisco and old Sausalito from the late 60s & early 70s, funky shops and restaurants and is actually a pretty cool place for 2014. We decided to have lunch as we wandered along. There were several restaurants but even though it was lunch time were was no one in them. As we walked we came to this funky little place that was almost packed so in we went. Luckily there were a few tables and space at a counter.
You order and then take a number, find a spot, and they bring your lunch to you. At the order counter someone takes your order and then clips the order slip onto a “zip line” type thing and flings it into the kitchen where someone removes it and zip it comes back! (Yes I am easily entertained but it was unique.) We both ordered a Carne Asada Burrito. The burrito was literally stuffed with wonderfully flavored chunks of beef and the freshest sautéed vegetables I have ever eaten. My wife had black tea iced tea and I had a very unique Root Beer that I really liked. It was not one of those, in every store root beers, it was “Gale’s” Root Beer. I have never seen it before but I will be looking for it.
For dessert we shared a piece of a very unique “Whiskey Pear” pie. Likely one the very best pies either of us have ever eaten.
This was one of our better finds anywhere. A funky little place with great food and people it is worth the trip to Tucson from the Phoenix area just to go there for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere