“Don't let the outside fool you!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Port Huron, Michigan
“Don't let the outside fool you!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped her on a fluke after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We ended up ordering the $35 meal deal and ordered beef brisket, ribs, beans and coleslaw. The BBQ sauce is sweet with just a hint of spice. The coleslaw is also sweet and I could taste a hint of cinnamon. The staff was friendly and overall it was a great little place to stop for lunch!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Southwest BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've had worst and I've had better but overall the food at The Original Mr. K's was good. The portions were small for the price. The chicken and the catfish was tasty, the pork ribs & the beef both were tender. The potato salad needed to jazzed up slightly but was ok as were the beans...but the beans were not baked beans. The greens were so-so. The BBQ sauce wasn't bad, it was tasty. The peach cobbler was really good but the filling could have been a little thicker. For Tucson it was better than I thought it would be.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“I finally found a place in Tucson that can compete with the food I grew up eating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Being a Cali girl I grew up eating bbq that included really good hot links. I also enjoyed amazing fried catfish and traditional sides like candied yams and greens. For years I have tried bbq places and their food just didnt compare so I always just make it myself. Finally by a random and very happily welcomed mistake I found the Original Mr. K's! I tried a little of each of alot of items so now on to the review: Beef brisket sandwich & BBQ pork sandwich...both were piled with meat...very flavorful and yummy meat. I will definitely have the beef brisket again. Fried catfish...it was very crispy and not bad but could've used some more seasoning. The candied yams and mixed greens were very good. Cooked perfectly and very flavorful. The corn muffin was a little dry. The seasoned fries were very good. Now last but not least the hot link sandwich...piled high with roughly cut hot links smothered in BBQ sauce....cooked perfectly and had the perfect amount of spice! Definitely my fave part of the savory part of the meal. I also had the pecan pie which was very good. I plan on going back very soon to try the beef ribs. This will for sure be my go to place when I'm too lazy to make it myself. Oh lastly, cost...for everything listed above plus an extra corn muffin and a can of lemonade my total was just under $60. Very good value for the amount of food. This place is a must try!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Maryland
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Service and food great. Went at lunch but not crowded at all. Close to airport and associated businesses near airport which saves time from going downtown. food was awesome, tasty and amazing portions.

Visited February 2013
Tucson
“Finally went to the one on Stone and can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

After my wife and I sampled a few different items, we ended up having some of the best BBQ we've had in a long, long, time. The brisket was marbleized and melted in our mouth. Mmmm Mmmm.. There 3 BBQ sauces were pretty tasty too! Very impressed with the restaurant staff and Nate (Mgr) even gave us a little tour and showed us the Smokers that they make the food in. We are looking forward to coming back with the kids next time. We are sure to become "regulars" at Mr. K's!

• Visited January 2013