“It might be a chain restaurant, but it's gosh darn good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Tucson
“It might be a chain restaurant, but it's gosh darn good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I wrote off Dave's several yrs ago for being overpriced & 2 far 2 travel 4 dinner. Last month a group of guys from my complex went there for lunch & we were all pleased by the lunch prices & the quality & qty of food. I've returned 4 wks in a row for their new lunch special: $6.99 4 either one-or-two entrees + 1 side & a good corn muffin. Aside from the mediocre mac 'n cheese & the so-so catfish fingers, I've very much enjoyed the ribs, rib tips, codfish, roast chicken & the pulled pork. Aso, I found the mashed spuds, cole slaw & ranch beans 2 b tasty. The servers r polite, fast & answer all ?'s about menu items. Tim, the day mgr, circulates among the guests & he seems genuinely interested in having satisfied customers. I've had lotsa bbq in my time & Dave's is way above average, in my not so humble opinion!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Florence, Arizona
“Consistently good food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been to this location several times and have always gotten consistently good food and service. We usually get the platter for 2 and choose the brisket as our third meat. The food is hot and we love the choices of BBQ sauce. Staff is friendly and efficient. The only down side this time was a sticky dirty table when we sat down and had to ask for it to be cleaned. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson Az
“Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Have gone to place twice both times serves slow ,food was over priced for servings. Diffenitely not a place for relaxing very noisey.

Visited July 2012
Rustenburg, South Africa
“Huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had the Boneless 'Wings' and for mains, the ribs. I am a big eater, and could probably have just had the starter! BIG portions. But the boneless wings were a disappointment - they are NOT wings! Why not just call them nuggets and be done? I did not enjoy them. I did not want something crumbed. Wings never are, but these are not wings! The sauce - what is it that you can never order something spicy anymore without it being sweet? I had the hotttest type, the Wilbur's revenge, and they were hot alright, but sweet too. No! They were also a bit dry. So, not good. Sugary and crumbed and dry and ... No!

The ribs were real good though. Tender and tasty. Just huge. I took the 12 bone, and could only manage half. May sound small, but it is huge!

I would go back, but I would leave out the 'wings'.

Service was good.

Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Good ribs and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I took my elderly mother to Famous Dave's for dinner. Two of us had the ribs which were excellent, the meat was falling off the bone. My mother had the brisket which was also great. Good sides also, my husband liked the potato salad. The apples were not too sweet but the green beans were very salty. The atmosphere was good and not too loud. We will be going there again.

• Visited February 2013