“Huge portions!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Rustenburg, South Africa
“Huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had the Boneless 'Wings' and for mains, the ribs. I am a big eater, and could probably have just had the starter! BIG portions. But the boneless wings were a disappointment - they are NOT wings! Why not just call them nuggets and be done? I did not enjoy them. I did not want something crumbed. Wings never are, but these are not wings! The sauce - what is it that you can never order something spicy anymore without it being sweet? I had the hotttest type, the Wilbur's revenge, and they were hot alright, but sweet too. No! They were also a bit dry. So, not good. Sugary and crumbed and dry and ... No!

The ribs were real good though. Tender and tasty. Just huge. I took the 12 bone, and could only manage half. May sound small, but it is huge!

I would go back, but I would leave out the 'wings'.

Service was good.

Visited March 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Good ribs and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I took my elderly mother to Famous Dave's for dinner. Two of us had the ribs which were excellent, the meat was falling off the bone. My mother had the brisket which was also great. Good sides also, my husband liked the potato salad. The apples were not too sweet but the green beans were very salty. The atmosphere was good and not too loud. We will be going there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Heflin AL
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband's favorite meal is BBQ and he really likes Famous Dave's. We were not disappointed at this location. The service is quick and friendly. We like the variety of sauces they offer so you are not stuck with one flavor. I ordered unsweet iced tea and it was served with plenty of ice which sometimes does not happen. The portions are huge so we had leftovers for lunch the next day. We always look for Famous Dave's when we are in the west.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blacklick, OH
“Very Good BBQ Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We ate here our first night in town. We love BBQ. This place is very good & had a great selection of choices to eat!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Ribs; but pass on the Famous Dave's Margarita!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The meal started well... the wait was about 5-10 minutes and the server polite. We ordered the Famous Dave's Margarita - mistake! Floating brandy on the margarita just didn't work for us. Even with the poor start and a longer than normal wait for our meal, our dinner made the wait worthwhile.

This is a GREAT place for ribs in Tucson; some of the best i have eaten. We ordered the 1/2 slab and the 1/3 slab. They were meaty and cooked to perfection! These sides will not steer you wrong: Potato Salad (just the right hint of mustard); Wilbur Beans (an ever so slight kick of hot); Creamy Coleslaw (the hint of horseradish makes this dish) and, our favorite, Firecracker Green Beans (FRESH and very mildly spicy). Mmm... finger lick'n good!! We were too full for desert!! I recommend famous dave's for genuine Southern ribs in Tucson!

• Visited August 2012