“Poor Quality,Service.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pastiche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 1,579 Restaurants in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ft Lowell
Description: Pastiche is an upscale restaurant in a warm and casual setting. Our American cuisine with world influences features fabulous appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pastas, large entrees, and desserts. Not sure what you are in the mood for? Take advantage of the multitude of half portions and bistro portions available, perfect for sharing and sampling. What restaurant would not be complete without a full bar and eclectic wine list? Well, we have them both! Pastiche Modern Eatery is open Monday through Sunday from 11am - 11pm!
Concord, California
“Poor Quality,Service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Christmas day 2012. Upon arriving at the restaurant I noticed how nice the bar looked. After finding my party I sat down and ordered iced tea, it did not taste like tea, what was it ? (I still don't know). I sent the tea back and ordered coffee (aka, brown water). I believe you need to use an adequate amount of coffee with water for good results. The Christmas menu was exotic with many of the ingredient's that were lets say exotic even the mac and cheese was made with gouda cheese (YUK). I asked if I could just have a hamburger, and was told that they were not prepped to make hamburgers, but they were making steaks and they brag about their burgers, still no hamburger. I ordered a caesar salad which looked as if it were made 30 min prior to serving, I could tell by the way it was fused to the plate (limp lettuce). The salad was white not green, that was because it was made with the stalk of the lettuce, and it was chopped so fine I had to spoon it off of the plate. I was told by the waiter that he would be right back with another cup of coffee, 20 min later I asked a young lady for a cup which she promptly delivered. The noise from the kitchen was terrible (yelling and breaking glass), and lets not forget the quarter size rust hole in the bathroom sink. I left and went home but was so disgusted with the evening that I called them and told them what had happened and was assured that the owner would call the following day, and guess what? No call.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Oro Valley, Arizona, United States
“Tough night for this Tucson Original”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We went with a group of 8 for early dinner with reservations. Our reservations were blown off and we were stuck in the hall by the wine shop to keep us "out of the way"
After 45 minutes we were given a table that had been empty for a half hour. Must have been waiting for a better group, I guess
Service was slow, food was marginal and overpriced and ambiance not special.
Sad

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Warmth and elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Some friends introduced us to this special place when on our first trip to Tucson and we try to visit Pastiche whenever in town. The menu is eclectic, the decor warm and bright and the service friendly. Love it!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Excellent high quality dining, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love to eat at Pastiche, for either lunch or dinner. The menu changes with the season to utilize foods available when most fresh and of the highest quality. Everything I've ever ordered was delicious, full of flavor, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. The wine list is extensive and the staff makes very good suggestions for pairing with your meal. One of the unique offerings at Pastiche are the 'bistro' portions with a reduced price and portion, so that you can enjoy all the flavors without leaving having eaten so much as to be uncomfortable. The lunch and dinner menu are very reasonable $9-$18/plate. Of course the wine menu is so tempting, it is easy to spend half the bill on a special bottle of wine.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“Don't care?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The appetizer Chipotle salmon cakes, was very good. The salad was comprised of a variety of greens, with a wonderful house dressing. After that, we don't know what happened. Although the restaurant was nearly empty, the waitperson didn't tell us about specials--we didn't realize there were specials until much later, as they were not mentioned in the menu, either. I was in the mood for salad for my meal, and the greens were surprisingly stale and tasteless. There was not much flavor in the dressing, either. My husband had the fish tacos--he could not identify any flavor at all.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pastiche? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pastiche, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.