“fresh tortillas!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona, USA
“fresh tortillas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The location is nice - good views, try to sit by the window or on the patio. This is only 1 of a handful of places in Tucson that makes tortillas on site, seems weird, but true....and they are good! The staff is friendly. We are locals, but everytime we go here, we feel like we are in San Diego. :)

Visited August 2012

83% Recommend
Tucson, Arizona
“Good food and a great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

A friend and I stopped by after work for a drink and appetizers. She had a mango margarita that was tasty and I had a glass of wine. The shrimp ceviche appetizer was a meal and attractively served in a large martini shaped glass. Great chips and salsa as usual. Tasteful Mexican decor, nice bar off to one side of the open dining room. It got a little smoky due to the open air cooking of tortillas in the dining room. But, you know they are fresh! I will definately be back.

Visited May 2013
Tucson
“A great little jewel of a restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really liked her mole sauce and I wish I could remember more but we both really liked our meals. They were unique and authentic to Mexico. We will be going back but our time here this year was very, very, short.

San Bruno, California
“Not Up to Reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by Shell Pass Golf Suites and we read the reviews. We were looking forward to a good experience. The waiter was not very good in explaining the menu, and not attentive at all. I had the marinated pork tacos (3) that were very uninteresting. Could only taste the marinade on the pork and none of the other ingredients of the taco. These were probably the worst tacos I have ever tasted, very flat.
My wife had a chicken tapopo(?) salad that came with four large slices of dry chicken breast. She was unable to eat them. When the waiter came to clear the plates he looked at the chicken and didn't say a word. I was very surprised. She also ordered a prickly pear margarita that was way too sweet. My advice is do not order any of the above. We should have had the huevos rancheros......

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Birthday Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We found this restaurant by searching the internet for the top 10 best breakfast places in Tucson. This came up first and it was amazing! The food was great and the service was excellent.

Visited April 2013