“Stayed for business, would return for fun” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Stayed for business, would return for fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

All in all, very nice. The staff was helpful. Rooms are lovely and the grounds are exquisite. Nice mood music around the property, kind of nature sounds and American Indian music. And did I mention that there are several pools and a lazy river as well as a beautiful hiking path? Lots of restaurant options on premises but they are kind of pricey and not that interesting. This is a Marriott, not a Kimpton so things are a little bland but nice.

The outdoor patio has amazing views and is a great place to relax at sunset.

Green Features: They are in a dessert and have lots of pools so they use a lot of water, but they are trying on the environmental front. They keep the outdoor lighting down to a minimum and try to keep the grounds in a sustainable way.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Impossible to find this enormous property, if you can imagine that. Some signage would be helpful. It is tucked away back in the desert of Tucson. Even our GPS was confused.
Unlike any other JW Marriott, I found the staff pretentious and lacking follow-through. Instead of keeping JW Marriott standards, it was as if they were all going through the motions, and barely doing a passable job at that. The only thing that seemed to get results was asking to speak to a manager, and then courtesy felt forced and obligatory. Would never go back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Brit B, Manager at JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Day,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review and informing us of your experience at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and Spa. We understand and share your frustration in regards to the unfortunate experience you describe, specifically with directions and service. We hold only the highest standards for product and service and strive to meet those daily. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to experience that within your stay.

I have reached out to you directly so that I may gather specific details and correct any missteps on our part. It is our goal to use your feedback to help us improve our product and our services. Our hope is that we may have the pleasure of hosting you again so that you may enjoy what we truly represent at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and Spa.

Brit Burk
Guest Response Team
San diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great stay. There on business so didn't spend much time actually at the hotel. - But They have the best Tequila selection I've seen recently. Jose and Osvaldo are your tequila connections at the bar. The Gym is very nice. The service was very good as well. No real issues of complaints. It's beautiful.

• Stayed December 2014
Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for the Winter Wonderland weekend. Family enjoyed all of the activities for the children. First-class staff! Amenities were top-notch! Comfortable rooms. Overall, a great experience that we will be doing again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!
1. Reservation was made months ago with specific accommodation and fixed rate, and when I got to the front registration desk, they wanted to charge me $30.00 more per night for the room they agree to give me when I made the reservation. I end up taking and unwanted room as I didn't have the 3x30=$90.00 for the extra charge that they never mentioned when I made the reservation.

2. The bedspread had some green spots and didn't look clean.

3. The first night when I was going to sleep, as I lifted the bedspread and sheets, I found long blond hair and short black hair over the mattress sheet surface. I called the front desk, I wanted my bed sheets changed but they replied to me that there was no one at the housekeeping department at that time.

4. During the first night, there were some strong sounds that came front the outside of the building.

5. The next morning, I went to the GYM and they were NO cleans towels at all.

6. Same morning as I comeback from the GYM, I went to the patio to enjoy a drink and the morning fresh air but I was NOT able as my room was close to the outside of the main entrance and people were smoking there, therefore, the smell of the smoke was quite strong right by my room patio. I had clearly requested an NOT smoking area…

6. The room didn't have a small cold refrigerator as most resorts do, they had one which was 40 degree temperature, for sure, I wasn't able to maintain any cold drinks.

7. Shower's door wasn't able to seal, therefore, water was spreading out of the shower as I took a shower.

8. The night before my checkout, I went to the from desk and request a printout of my bill, they told me that they would place one under my room's door early in the morning and they didn't, therefore, I had to wasted my time and lined up in the morning for one.

I AM TOTALY DISAPOINTED, as I normally stay at this place once or twice per year either for business or vacation.
Time to try a different resort!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Gonzo:

Thank you for posting your review of the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with the appropriate parties, so that they may look into the concerns you mentioned regarding your experience.

As a repeat guest, I anticipate that you would agree that your experience is not consistent with the standards of hospitality and efficiency we strive to maintain. We appreciate your feedback as it affords us an opportunity to revisit some of our procedures and to make any corrections and improvements, which will enable us to better serve our guests.

Chad Lybrook
Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place has an amazing lobby where people are lounged around fire places at night drinking wine. The spa is amazing.It is not far from town at all but very secluded. The food is pricey but delicious. Great government discounts paid 114 for a 220 room.

• Stayed December 2014
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited Starr Pass for the first time for our annual military ball. We had an amazing time. The resort is beautiful and the customer service was top-notch. Cole B at the reception desk went above and beyond to make sure our stay was amazing. Big kudos to Cole! I also just love the atmosphere of Starr Pass. I hope to make this hotel a regular weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the city scape!