“J W Marriott, Tucson, Az” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Nightly Credit
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“J W Marriott, Tucson, Az”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

What a great hotel! Several pools, including a lazy river, hiking trails, great rooms, restaurants, and professional staff! The rooms were very nice with great views. Loved the relaxed, patio area where you could order food and/or drinks. We WILL go back!

Room Tip: Great views no matter where your room is located.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have been visiting here for 6 or 7 years. Always excellent service and superior rooms. Staff is attentive and goes out of their way to see you are comfortable. Good selection of restaurant menus and the nightly tequila toast just adds another touch

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had my first experience at Star Pass for my birthday the and let me say it was just that, an experience! Everything was amazing from the GORGEOUS scenery to the customer service. The moment we arrived we were treated like queens! Erik saw my friend and I struggling with our bags and came right up to us and carried our luggage all the way up to our rooms! Erik was so sweet and helpful he even helped us connect to the internet while we were in the elevator! My friend happened to mention to Erik that it was my birthday and he took the initiative to go back down to the desk and with the help of the desk agent Monique and Britt from the Dinning room they put together a birthday surprise for me! We came back to our hotel room from swimming and awaiting was an amazing and delicious birthday treat!!! We then went to Dinner at the Signature Grill and Johnny was our server, I cannot say enough good things about our server and the food at Signature Grill, Johnny made suggestions after he heard what types of foods we liked and he even told the chef I loved corn and came right back with the most delicious roasted corn on the cob I have ever had! I cannot say enough good things about the service Johnny provided he is professional and really knows the menu through and through. Any thank you to the chef who whipped up an amazing meal!!!

Thank you so much to the amazing staff for making our stay and my birthday the most memorable one yet!!!

I cannot wait to come back soon!

Room Tip: ask for the poolside rooms, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay at the JW Marriott Starr Pass. We wanted a relaxing weekend get-away for our 28th anniversary. This resort gave us everything we could have wanted and more! It's a beautiful place with exceptional service. We floated in the lazy river, relaxed in the pool, worked out in the gym, enjoyed the tequila toast and ate great food. Kevin, our server at Primo, went out of his way to make our anniversary dinner extra special. He is a great waiter. After a passing conversation by the taco stand with Loss Prevention Officer Troy, we found a lovely treat and a hand-written note in our room that night. Deborah, the server at the pool also deserves a shout out. The staff go out of their way to make you feel like a VIP. We love it here and will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family and I were staying at the JW Marriott while my husband was doing military duty for 2 weeks. I just have to say the Victoria in Guest Services was incredible!!!! We celebrated my husbands birthday while we were there and she went above and beyond to make it special. Any hotel would be lucky to have such a dedicated employee as her. If we come back to the Tucson area, we will definitely be staying at the JW Marriott!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lazy river have an incredible view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family and I had a great Time at the resort . I was celebrating my wife's birthday and we inviting some friends. The staff at the resort was accommodating the whole time. Brian from recreations was awesome. Definitely we are coming back with friends and family.

Stayed August 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Last week I had some problems with my reservation using a popular internet booking service. I won't name that site directly but for the purposes of this review I will call them "not-so-niceline". I asked the people at the JW Marriott if they could help. Anyone in the hotel business knows I was asking the impossible. The people of the JW Marriott, specifically Frankie and Kaitlyn, made a difference for my family. They went above and beyond to help us. They had no incentive whatsoever to spend the time to solve a problem that I created. These are good people doing good work. If I could give them 6 stars, I would. Thank you Frankie and Kaitlyn!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!