We are fans of the JW Marriott properties ( I am a silver elite member and I mostly stay in Marriott properties) and this one is a great place to stay but could use some TLC. First of all let me say that the views are magnificent at night looking into Tucson. The staff, as always, is excellent. We were taken care of from the front desk to the pool to the Primo restaurant.
I was a bit surprised at the state of the room though. The carpets are in need of attention, the leather chair by the bed had a long gash in it, and the toilet smelled like someone had missed and it hadn't been cleaned. I brought this last item up to the desk as I was checking out and received apologies. It just seemed as if the cleaning staff hadn't been as thorough as I'm used to in this class of hotel. It is a really nice property but it does need a reno and some TLC in the rooms to get it back up to the level of a JW. I left a comment card detailing some of these items for mgmt to look into.
The Primo restaurant was expensive but worth it IMO. The only nit I had about that was that the server's assistant outshone the server by a zillion. Not sure why they do it this way as I think we saw our server three times the whole evening. The assistant brought our drinks and bread, kept our glasses refilled, and someone else brought our dinners out to us. The place was empty so not sure why the server was so absent. The only reason I tipped her at all was because I wanted to make sure the assistant was taken care and thinking back on it I should have just tipped her separately. I probably would just skip the restaurant the next time around and go into town to find a place with a bit better service and a much cheaper price.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and SpaEnjoy the mountains of Arizona at JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa. Located just west of an area considered the birthplace of Tucson, AZ, this resort hotel is rich with culture, history and beauty. Experience a truly unique destination resort complete with world class spa facilities and nationally acclaimed Arizona golf courses. Fine dining and award winning restaurants further complement this one of a kind Tucson resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Olotels, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.