We enjoyed our 6 night stay at this well-run resort. We found the room to be in perfect condition, nicely renovated and quite large. This is a big property, but they have a couple of elevators which doesn't make the corridors quite as long. It's a ways from the center of Tucson, so a car is a necessity if you want to get around town. The employees are friendly and over all they made our stay a pleasure. We dined in both restaurants for dinner- one time each - and had a good meal, although not award winning. Breakfast was included in our room charge- we liked the option of ordering off of the menu and choosing a couple of items from the buffet. Again, not award winning, but better than average.
The hotel staff was friendly, warm and professional at all times. Any request was promptly responded to.
The tequila toast ceremony was fun, we enjoyed meeting many guests sitting outside in the evenings.
The negatives were that the spa hours didn't accommodate folks who were touring all day and wanted a massage after 5pm, the classes in the well designed exercise studio were not offered frequently enough and the swimming pools were not heated. I don't understand why.
We were told that the resort is scheduled to be renovated, although I thought it was well maintained and clearly up to Marriott standards.
We would consider staying here again, with a car.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and SpaEnjoy the mountains of Arizona at JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa. Located just west of an area considered the birthplace of Tucson, AZ, this resort hotel is rich with culture, history and beauty. Experience a truly unique destination resort complete with world class spa facilities and nationally acclaimed Arizona golf courses. Fine dining and award winning restaurants further complement this one of a kind Tucson resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.