Our friends brought us to their favorite place to watch the sunset: the patio of the JW Marriott in the Starr Pass area of southern Tucson. Free valet parking. Walk through the lobby, and head downstairs to the outside patio area. Try to get there about 30 minutes before sunset, then you'll get a spot at one of the fire pits. At sunset, waiters pass out free tequila shots, and the hotel staff leads everyone in toasting the sunset.
Then just sit back and relax as the setting sun paints the mountains in gorgeous pinks and purples. As darkness falls, you can watch the lights in Tucson or enjoy some star gazing. Tucson has an ordinance for low lighting so the various observatories can see deep space. So the stars are especially brilliant in Tucson. Enjoy the show!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and SpaEnjoy the mountains of Arizona at JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa. Located just west of an area considered the birthplace of Tucson, AZ, this resort hotel is rich with culture, history and beauty. Experience a truly unique destination resort complete with world class spa facilities and nationally acclaimed Arizona golf courses. Fine dining and award winning restaurants further complement this one of a kind Tucson resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott