First of all, my family and I LOVED this hotel. We stayed over the fourth of july holiday, and despite some weather challenges (rain, surprisingly) there were wonderful events planned by the hotel and awesome fireworks.
The hotel rooms, the pools, the lazy river, the mountain and hiking location are exemplary. The staff are awesome, and always asking you if you need anything.
The real challenge I have with this hotel is with its billing and consistency. As many others have mentioned, the commitments that get made to elite members in reserving dont match up with what is granted at check out. The check in indicates a 15% discount to platinum members at the store/spa. However, when you goto store/spa, they tell you that you will get the discount at checkout from hotel. At checkout from hotel, was told that discount needed to occur at store. I stay at a lot of Marriotts throughout the year, and this may have been the first instance where there was such a disconnect between the quoted rates/discounts/benefits and the according results on the bill. While the staff attempted to make this right upon checkout, I am not entirely sure that I was made whole with the benefits I was supposed to receive.
Again, one final item and others have commented, is that it is a decent hike (drive) to most everything. There are some AWESOME restaurants in Tucson that you have to goto, but you need to drive (we love the bread at Beyond Bread, the mex at El Charro, the burgers at Zinburger *expensive, the freshness at both Wildflower and Pascos Cafe) ALL are worth drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and SpaEnjoy the mountains of Arizona at JW Marriott Starr Pass Tucson Resort & Spa. Located just west of an area considered the birthplace of Tucson, AZ, this resort hotel is rich with culture, history and beauty. Experience a truly unique destination resort complete with world class spa facilities and nationally acclaimed Arizona golf courses. Fine dining and award winning restaurants further complement this one of a kind Tucson resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Hotel Tucson
- Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Tucson
- Marriott Starr Pass Hotel
- Marriott Tucson
- Tucson Marriott