“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying-V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We dined here based on the Trip Advisor reviews, and had a wonderful time. Delicious food and excellent service. The staff here really went above and beyond to make our experience special. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014

“Wonderful Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The Flying-V is amazing! Great food and service. The chef, Brandon, recommended some great food- from the appetizers, the entrees, and the desserts. They also served fresh guacamole at our table; it was so fresh and tasty. For dinner we had the lamb, which was perfectly cooked (I definitely recommend trying the lamb!). Overall, if you want to want to have great food, great ambiance, and spectacular service, I would totally recommend the Flying-V. Also, the general manager, Rock Soul, checked on us periodically to make sure everything was going well :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Great food & great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to come to the Flying V for our anniversary. From beginning to end we had great experience. The menu is pricey, But thats what we expected coming up here to the foothills. What I didnt expect was the quality of service. They answered all our questions, gaves us great advice on what to order and everything came out to our table in perfect timing. I want thank the Flying V bar & grill for giving us a great end to our 7 year wedding anniversary. Maybe next year we will stay at the resort as well.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Connecticut
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a very good restaurant. The guacamole made at your table is awesome, and not to be missed. The food is very good, but don't choose the beef quesadilla, as it is like eating cardboard with some warmed-over beef. That said, this is a good restaurant, and our server was wonderful. Give this place a try.

Visited July 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Wife and I stayed at Loews Ventana Canyon for our anniversary and had dinner at the Flying V. They gave us a great table, and one of the chefs (Jerry) came out to talk to us and give us some solid recommendations. We had a sampler of the appetizers, and their clever take on "chicken-and-waffles" - which was French toast and quail - was outstanding.
For dinner I had the recommended mustard-seed crusted chicken and my wife had panfried gnocci and NY strip. I got a bite of hers, but I think I kind of came out the winner there; the chicken blew me away.
For dessert, the "pancakes and berries" - which was ricotta cakes topped with lemon curd "butter" and berries - was tasty and super-cute, but the tres leches cube. Ye gods. My wife said, "I am ludicrously full, but I'll be damned if I'm not finishing this." It was so unforgettable we ordered it again (from the poolside cafe; they had to bring it all the way from the Flying V) the next day.
When dinner was over Chef Jerry came back out and offered to show us the kitchen area, which was an super-cool bonus.
Great meal, great staff, great anniversary!

• Visited June 2014