“Your Only Option at Loews, But It is a Good One” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying-V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,684 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Richmond
“Your Only Option at Loews, But It is a Good One”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ate at this restaurant during my recent stay for a conference. This is the only option for dinner on the resort property, so make reservations ahead of time as it is very busy. The table-side guacamole is excellent. The cocktails were very good, and the food was also very good. There is a large fireplace in the center of the dining room which adds to the ambiance and breaks up the space nicely. The ahi tuna was perfect.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
“Better than you'd expect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Interesting menu but waiting staff were extremely patient and knowledgeable. We chose their personal recommendations and they were great. The diners were all ages and the ambience was just right. A bit of life but not too noisy. Would definitely revisit.

Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Romantic evening...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Delicious dinner at the Flying V. Happy Hour wine. I chose the lobster bisque and a salad. My husband had a perfect steak with vegetables. Served with their signature cornbread and lavosh.

Visited February 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While we were visiting the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson AZ. We tried their resturant at the resort Flying V Bar and Grill. Everything we ate was great. For appetizers we had the guacamole that was made at the table....FABULOUS!!!! Someone had the scallions and loved them....several of us had the New York strip that was perfectly cooked and the flavor was great...in fact we enjoyed so much we came back the second night....really must try it but make sure you make reservations...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Wondeful Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was in town visiting my son last week and had the most wonderful meal at the flying V restaurant. I sat up at their bar and being from the east coast I don't know much about tequilas. The bartender Dustin was very knowledgeable, and made me the best margarita that I have ever had! Their menu has a lot of choices so he suggested his two favorite dishes, the NY steak and the grilled quail. Everything was so delicious, I loved every bite. The service, food and ambiance was perfection. I will definitely be staying at Loews on my next visit because of this wonderful experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere