“reliable, friendly, charming” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Tucson, Arizona
“reliable, friendly, charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We live near Cody's and it's our go-to steakhouse. The food isn't gourmet but it's good quality and very reasonably priced. The reason I love the place, though, is the service. I've never had a bad experience and I wish all servers were as professional as these ladies (so far no male servers). Because both the service and food are so consistent, I give it a 5-star rating, although it's not the best steak in town. It's a good value, and you are treated well. The other quality I like is that you feel like your in a time-warp, but in a good way. It's quiet in there, and it's filled with families and old couples and regulars - a real variety of people (caucasian people, mostly, but still...). The decor is unpretentious and so is the menu. Plus, you can get your drink served in the wonderful glass cowboy boot!

Visited April 2013

Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Our El Corral family has switched to Cody's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our El Corral family has switched to Cody's
My family is from Tucson. We used to frequent Pinnacle Peak and El Corral when we were in the mood for a good steak or when we had out of town visitors. In the past few years, the quality of the steaks at both restaurants has declined. Lately, we find ourselves leaving them feeling disappointed about our meals.

As an alternative, someone suggested Cody’s Beef and Beans. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

Although it has no Trail Dust Town or view of the city, Cody’s concentrates on one thing, delicious food. It is a great place to bring the family for T-Bones or have a tender steak sandwich for lunch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Last Minute Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped here on a whim and it was one of the best meals we had on our trip. The twelve ounce steak had to weigh a pound, and the sides were enough for two meals. Steaks were cooked to order, it appears to be in an old store, and decor is a little dated, but the food makes up for it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Steak and Salmon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I recently stopped in for early dinner. She having Grilled Salmon and I, Rib Eye Steak. Service was good. Beer was cold. Atmosphere was clean and comfortable, in the room we were seated. Salad was fresh and crisp. Portions were generous. Grilled Salmon was over cooked. Rib eye was toughest I've ever had (for rib eye). Beans and steamed veggies were nothing to brag about. All and all everything was not bad and we may return. But it will not be at the top of our list.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Wheres the beef?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I recently visited Codys and came away disappointed. My steak (a filet) was overcooked and dry. The baked potato accompanying it was old and soggy. I've never had such a bad baked potato in any restaurant! My husband had bbq chicken. The chicken was tender but the sauce was non-descript. He also tried the "famous beans", uh! The service was ok, except for the loud personal conversation the wait staff was having behind the wall. Totally unprofessional!! I wont be going back.

• Visited August 2012