“Don't Bother” 2 of 5 stars
Review of El Charro - Ventana

El Charro - Ventana
6910 East Sunrise Drive, (520) 514-1922, Tucson, AZ 85750-0830 (Formerly El Charro)
(520) 615-1818
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Chose this place because of Trip Advisor reviews, and I have to wonder what the fuss was about...this was so mediocore. I got the Reynose (spelling?) Chicken, one of their so-called chef specials, one of the most expensive items on the menu. It was rubbery, microwaved chicken that was so rubbery, my knife couldn't cut it. The sauce was tasty, but I didn't eat the chicken. My husband thought the fajitas were okay, obviously the meat was fresh and grilled. So, why couldn't they do that with my dish? Another reason I'm giving this a negative review is the service or, should I say, lack thereof. The waiter took our order, delivered the food, then disappeared. If we needed a drink refill or another napkin we had to call waiters that were waiting on other tables. And, I have to add--we were there off hour, a late lunch, so the place was empty. I should have just sat at the bar and had drinks and chips.It's located in a parking lot and has outdoor seating, but they've made no effort to screen the outdoor patio from the lot with plantings, so it's like sitting with your car. I chose the indoor seating and froze because the a/c was cranked up.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food and great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great Mexican food and the price is so reasonable. When we got our bill we thought they must have forgot something. The service was helpful and fast too.

Visited April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Not worth a drive, but good if you are in the area. Right down the road from Sabino Canyon and perfect after a hike.

Visited March 2014
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Fun Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stopped here on one of our last days in Tucson and really enjoyed our meal. My husband got a few different kinds of margaritas and the atmosphere just seemed really fun. The chips and salsa were tasty and the food was satisfying.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Our favorite Tucson Foothills Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We always enjoy El Charro Ventana--the view of the Catalina Mountains, the ambiance and the food. It Although we occasionally try something new, our favorite dish is the grilled fish tacos! Muy, mue bueno, indeed! My daughter swears by the green corn tamales. For a light lunch, I love the house tortilla soup and a tacostada salad with lots of grilled vegetables. Basically, this restaurant has some good, authentic Mexican food with a Tucson Flores family twist. With scores and scores of Tucson Mexican restaurants to choose from, this is one of our very favorites!

Visited March 2014

Been to El Charro - Ventana? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Charro - Ventana, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.