“A hidden gem in the city” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lincoln, Nebraska
“A hidden gem in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We sat out on the patio for lunch. It was so nice and relaxing. I ordered the chicken salad with fresh blueberries, raspberries, melon, pineapple. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount and quality of the fresh fruit. It was one of my favorite lunches in Tucson. My husband enjoyed his sandwich. The restaurant was moderately busy, it looks like a popular lunch spot for professionals. The service was good. I wish we had time for dinner there!

• Visited February 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Wonderful Food in Classy Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place is for a nice relaxing meal with friends or for couples. It is a bit pricy: (lunch menu) drinks average $12, appetizers $12, meals $16 and dessert $8. But it is WORTH IT - all of the food was incredibly good. The service is attentive but classy - (ie more respectful than friendly) having a good knowledge of the menu, keeping water glasses full, bringing food out at right time. The décor is quiet and lush with a wall of garden windows in a historic hotel that has been maintained with love and care. DO EAT HERE if you want a classy, delicious meal in Tucson.

I had lunch with 6 friends - everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food and drinks. We started with drinks and appetizers -The mojitos were refreshing, the various margaritas different and fun, and the wine list yielded many good choices. We shared appetizers - the roasted Brussels sprouts with goat cheese panna cotta and the vegetable spring rolls - both were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious - even if you wouldn't normally eat Brussels sprouts - you should try these. The arugula and edamame soup was ok and had a nice lemon taste but it is a puree rather than the broth with bean I expected. The wedge salad was very good but really is a 'side' dish - it is too small as a meal in itself. The shrimp salad is actually a spinach salad with shrimp but it had excellent flavor and the shrimp are perfectly cooked. The cobb salad with avocado dressing was delicious and plentiful. The chicken salad was also very good and presented with the perfect complement of berries and fruit. Three ladies had the BLT appetizer as a meal and there was not a speck left on any plate; they were that good. We shared three desserts: orange cake, black and white cake, and a trio of homemade ice cream and they were all incredibly well made and delicious.

My only complaint is that I called 30 minutes before we arrived so they could set up the table for 7 but they wouldn't do it 'in case someone else gets there first'. It is summer in Tucson - restaurants are scrambling to bring in the locals - when I called last week to ask about reservations (they don't take them in the bar) they told me the bar was empty and when I called 30 minutes before arriving 'Nicole' said 'there is no one back there right now so you won't have any problem getting in'.....so why not set the table and have it ready for us? (I know this is whining so I didn't count it against them but the little extra attention would have been nice).

• Visited June 2013
Onancock, Virginia
“Wonderful bar in lovely setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Shared drinks and appetizers here recently with friends and my sister. I loved the ambiance, quiet, lush, excellent service, and nearly forgotten classics from the tireless pianist. The food was excellent, and I didn't want to leave, despite a later appointment.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, WA
“A blast from the past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Enjoyed an early dinner and a pianist playing classics from way back when. Brussels sprouts appetizer with goat cheese panna cotta was delicious. My bleu cheese burger was on the dry side and too big to pick up, had to try to do it with fork and knife. Partner's hangar steak was good but nothing to write home about although the pesto on the top was good.

Visited May 2013
“oasis with great food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped at the Az Inn for lunch last Saturday and ate in the atrium looking/bar. It was cool, open and well lit. We had salads and they were super with very good service. It has been a few years since returning but I went out of my way on a visit to Tucson to stop here for a meal. After the meal, tour the property, it will amaze

• Visited April 2013