“$3 cocktails on Friday for Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ghini's is a restaurant fueled by love and passion, which is evident with every morsel that hits your lips. A quaint little cafe that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Tapas, also has a full service and amazing French Bakery attached. Ghini's has always been dog friendly since its inception in 1992, as it is done in France. Ghini's has a very diverse menu and can accommodate every culinary whimsy. A boutique wine list, all imported, is the icing on the cake! Ghini's has won many culinary awards of excellence and has been written up in papers, locally, nationwide, world wide, winning gold awards for best Breakfast, best Cafe, best Bistro, & best French. You won't regret your stop to this beautiful little cafe. I have owned and operated my fabulous little French cafe since 1992. We make every item from scratch, purchase locally and support our local economy. I love my work, my staff and my clients.
Tucson, AZ
“$3 cocktails on Friday for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Was just at Ghini's for Happy Hour on Friday and we had excellent, $3 house-made mojitos. My friends had dinner and were very happy with the food, particularly the desserts, which were served in copious portions!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so happy you came to try our Friday nights it is one of my favorite menus. Our cocktails are all made from scratch along with every dinner item, I glad your friends enjoyed. And yes the pastries, my father is the master of his domaine, I on the other hand can't bake to save my life, that's why I just stick to cooking. I thank you again for the lovely review and hope to see you again in the near future, perhaps for breakfast and mimosas next time?
Chef Ghini

“Great food and service at a popular eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A bustling eatery that well deserves the crowd. Starting with great coffee that never dropped below 1/2 cup before being refilled. Flavorful breakfast. Great looking pastries and breads at the counter. Dinner served on Friday nights - we will return to try. Our new favorite b'fast place. We sat outside and enjoyed the morning!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so happy you enjoy our locally roasted coffee and pastries hand made daily by artisans. We are so happy to serve you we love what we do and anticipate your return. I hope you enjoy our Friday nights, it is my favorite menu and we have $3 happy hour cocktails as well for happy hour. Much happy eating in your future and thank you again for your kind words.
tucson
“a little bit of France in the desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love love love Ghini's.. My friends and I have breakfast there at least once a month and I have never had a bad meal. Lunch and diner and a great wine tasting cocktail menu is also available but it's Breakfast that gets me going. Signature dishes like Eggs Provencal, crepes and even poached eggs ( for an extra 1.50 - but no one makes poached eggs in restaurants anymore so it is worth it) great service always, and it shares space with a fabulous French bakery.. The only drawback is that there is only one lav. so sometimes the wait can be bothersome. Go ! She is open early so its great place to eat after a early workout, or for Sunday brunch !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so happy to hear that you love Ghini's as we love serving you. Eggs Provençal is my favorite dish, I learned to make it in my grandmother's kitchen very young in France. It takes me back every time I eat it, which is several times a week :-). I apologize about the lav, the only way I can change that is if I took over the space east of me, who knows maybe one day we'll need to expand. Thank you again for your lovely review, we really do love having you dine with us, you are the reason we do what we do every day xo
tucson
“OVERPRICED OVERCOOKED AND RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My parents loved this place so I finally went to breakfast. I ordered a swiss and ham 3 egg omelette for $8.25. It finally came after 25 minutes and I was surprised to see a small round object they consider a 3 egg omelette. Next to that was small pile of incredibly overcooked hash browns that were basically inedible. I hoped for the best and dove in and much to my surprise it was worse than it looked. If you call your omelette ham and cheese you might want to actually add some to it and maybe not cook the hell out of it. I rarely complain but I could not eat this thing. She seemed put out .and tried to tell me that the ham is minced and that is why I could not see any of it. She finally brought me a order of biscuits and gravy which wasn't bad but had way to much pepper. Of course it took forever to get the bill and the attitude persisted. NEVER AGAIN. OVERPRICED, SMALL PORTIONS AND JUST PLAIN CLUELESS.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Paul,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our cafe. I am sorry you did not love our cafe, as we love what we do every single day and are proud of our high quality menu items and attention to detail. It seems as is your meal however, missed some attention on our part. I spoke with my server that helped you and she mentioned that you did not like how our ham was chopped up so small, it has been on our menu for 21yrs that way, and is my decision to make sure that every bite of our omelettes would taste the same beginning to end (hence the frittata style) We would certainly have been happy to take some ham and leave it in large chunks for you instead in a remade omelette. We get nothing but rave reviews about our ham and swiss omelette, perhaps you could try our Western omelette with larger chunks of bacon, onion and tomato? That may be more up your alley. Whatever it is, we are here to make you happy not miserable, we have no desire in sending you away unhappy. I hope you give us another try as your parents are not wrong in loving our place.
Tucson, AZ
“I wouldn't go again for Brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We've been several times for lunch and a few times for the tapas happy hour in evenings....usu very good, the food is top notch. Kept hearing about their brunch. Won't ever go again. Had to wait FOREVER to be seated due to many ppl...then waited for them to finish cleaning the table, then to take our orders...the staff was absent much of the time. The food was just OK. They need to get more staff in the mornings on wkends and perhaps limit the menu. It was a very long wait with just average food.

Visited February 2013
chefghini, Owner at Ghini's French Caffe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so glad to hear you enjoy our lunch and dinners at Ghini's. Im a bit sad that you didn't feel the same about our breakfast. You can expect a 20+ min wait on average for a table and another 10-15 for your food once you have ordered. I think that is normal wait time for a busy breakfast restaurant on the weekends, and especially since we make every dish from scratch. Perhaps come earlier or after the rush, our menu really is amazing, we have won many many awards also saying so. I would suggest trying all of the dishes with a flower next to them (indicating that these dishes are a signature dish) our corned beef hash is made from scratch and Eggs provençal, a dish from my grandmother. I really do hope you give us another try at breakfast, I love our breakfast menu and I can help you find a dish that you will love, just come find me when you come in again. Many days of happy eating ahead :-)