“Faithfully good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 1,683 restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Opened in 1998, Beyond Bread is a local bakery & cafe in Tucson, known for our fresh bread, huge sandwiches & pastries. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
intl falls, mn
“Faithfully good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have eaten at Beyond Bread many times and seem to be drawn back as the food is unique, Very high quality, and prices are reasonable particularly if you share a breakfast or sandwich. The coffee is superior to your run of the mill Starbucks. We love the egg sandwich, omelettes, and a favorite is the chicken curry sandwich. Sorry, can't remember the exact prices, but I would compare it to the prices of a Denny's or other sad chain restaurant.

The bakery also is wonderful! The free tastes of bread is a very nice touch. Atmosphere is like a large Starbucks, but a much better value. We always takes our out of town guests here, and it never has failed to win fans.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“absolutely the best sandwiches in Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We live part time in Tucson and have been going to Beyond Bread for years. The rest of the time we live in Chicago. The number of times we have been in Chicago and yearned to be able to go to Beyond Bread are countless. The quality of the bread and sandwiches generally is well beyond the norm in any restaurant of its type. Panera is in Chicago and has recently entered the market in Tucson. Don't bother. The born and Tucson bred Beyond Bread is the superior place. Whenever we are making a return flight to Chicago, we stop at beyond bread on the way to the airport to pick up a loaf of bread to take back with us as well as sandwiches for our trip and a little something sweet. It would never occur to us to do the same thing - stop for sandwiches at Panera - when leaving Chicago for Tucson. Panera is fine but it is not special. The quality of the food, the portion size, the variety, the value and the general atmosphere of Beyond Bread make it our favorite and one of our regular stops for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to Beyond Bread for lunch today and everyone with me was happy. They had a good variety of sandwiches to choose from and I had the tuna with chips. I got the whole sandwich but it was filling so I ended up taking half home for later. The cashiers were so friendly. They helped me figure out what I wanted and then made my special request. I ordered a pretzle to take home and my daughter loved it! Great place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I live for their potato pancakes, crispy bacon, Peruvian coffee and sourdough bread. The staff is friendly, especially the folks who deliver your order. This is also one of those rare places where you can sit as long as you like conversing or reading. Tourist friendly as well

Visited June 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“a little disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My sandwich bread was stale I didn't expect that from Beyond Bread sorry. The place was packed as usual and the service was on point , I just wasn't impressed with the product for the price.

Visited October 2012
Jane O, Manager at Beyond Bread, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Kasey,

We do appreciate your feedback and want to apologize that you didn't receive the best possible product. All our bread is baked fresh every morning so it's upsetting to us that we didn't provide you with the best bread. We looked into the matter and realized that one of our bags that keep our bread fresh and soft was inadvertently left open, which left one side a little dry. Because you have brought this to our attention, we have communicated to all our staff at all three of our locations to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We would love to try to make it up to you and send you a gift card. If you would be interested in giving us another chance, please email your mailing address to our Outreach Coordinator Jane at jane@beyondbread.com.

Been to Beyond Bread? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Beyond Bread, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.