“Very nice restaurant nearby Academic Village” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #335 of 1,701 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Very nice restaurant nearby Academic Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My parents live in Academic Village, near Vain. We found this excellent restaurant at a (for us Europeans...) reasonable driving distance. Excellent smoked food, American amounts, 2 days food for a 1 day price.

• Visited August 2013

“Perfect experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing atmosphere, wonderful staff and the best Bloody Mary I've ever had! Our waitress was Cassie and she was so sweet and attentive! The chef himself even came out to our table to check on us. We will be back many, many times.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Damper on Father's Day dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been so pleased with the new Settlement Restaurant in the past, from the excellent Bar Manager, happy hour offerings and server attentiveness, to the thoughtful visit from Peter to check that you're happy with your order. So much so, that I've previously given it a great review. However, last night my husband ordered the Prime Rib and I ordered the "Settlement specialty" Gaucho Steak cooked medium+. My steak arrived well-done and was tougher than boot leather, albeit the biscuits, baked potatoes, beans, veggies and the prime rib were perfect. When our server asked how everything was, I reluctantly told him that my steak was tough. He went back to the kitchen to talk with someone and returned to tell me that he was told that that particular steak is tough when cooked that way. That's fine, but I would recommend that the kitchen staff let the servers know these things ahead of time as part of their education or at the time they get the order in the kitchen, knowing that the order will fall well short of satisfactory. The customer can then be informed and will have the option to go ahead and order it that way or change their order. For $26.95 (or $24.95?) I was only able to eat a biscuit, grilled veggies and a baked potato. What was further disappointing was that there was no semblance of regret or an offer to make it right in any way...just the bill. I really want the Settlement to be successful, since I'm a big supporter of new business in Tucson, and it would be nice to keep a steakhouse in that part of town, however unfortunately, that experience left us with a negative impression. The ratings here are only for this visit. Sorry Settlement, I've otherwise been a big fan.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SmokinAnnie, General Manager at The Settlement, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Barbie, Please accept my humble apology for your less than perfect experience. None of our steaks should be tough, and the response from your server was not acceptable. As a customer you know we always want you to have the best time and take pride in providing the best food. I'd sincerely like to make it up to you . Please contact me at the restaurant and give me an opportunity to earn your business!

Kindest Regards,
Annie
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely location, yummy food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

OK, you had me at freshly baked biscuits with honey and butter. You continued to woo me with a thirst quenching margarita. Then you served me up a really delicious green salad in a tortilla shell for dinner. I ate it all up and knew that I would come again when we visited our friends in Tucson.

We were warmly greeted and received really attentive service at The Settlement. It was our first stop on our SW road trip and a suggested dinner spot by our friends who live nearby. Since we left Seattle's gray weather behind just that morning, we were excited to be in a warm and scenic spot where we could catch up with friends.

We'll be back on our next visit...maybe ribs next time!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been a few times since the change to new managers and every time has been wonderful. The ribs are the best in town! Ill be back again soon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Settlement? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Settlement, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.