“Lovely location, yummy food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely location, yummy food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

OK, you had me at freshly baked biscuits with honey and butter. You continued to woo me with a thirst quenching margarita. Then you served me up a really delicious green salad in a tortilla shell for dinner. I ate it all up and knew that I would come again when we visited our friends in Tucson.

We were warmly greeted and received really attentive service at The Settlement. It was our first stop on our SW road trip and a suggested dinner spot by our friends who live nearby. Since we left Seattle's gray weather behind just that morning, we were excited to be in a warm and scenic spot where we could catch up with friends.

We'll be back on our next visit...maybe ribs next time!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank grollett

Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been a few times since the change to new managers and every time has been wonderful. The ribs are the best in town! Ill be back again soon.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Robert M
Tucson
“Attentive service but the food comes up short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This particular location seems to have attracted mediocre dining establishments lately. However The Settlement is an improvement over its last incarnation as The Bone-In Steakhouse. The service was attentive and definitely trying to please. The attention to details was lacking from the wrong salad dressing to a definitely medium steak when medium rare was requested. The steak was tougher and smaller than the price warranted. On the plus side, there was an excellent cowboy singer on the patio which has wonderful views. We'll try it again since there is some potential there ( and it's close).

Visited May 2013
2 Thank AZRPM
SmokinAnnie, Manager at The Settlement, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
AZRPM, thank you for your feedback. I'm happy that you've seen an improvement from the visit you had at the Bone-In, but I am concerned that your experience was less then the stellar. I would love to offer you the experience you deserve, so please feel free to contact me directly at the restaurant.
Warmest Regards,
Annie
tucson
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My partner and I had dinner at the bar last night. The bartender was friendly enough and the service was very good. i had the New york med. rare and my partner had the rib eye med. Both were tasty and cooked to the right temperature, but a little on the small side for the price.
I wanted to love this place since I cooked there about 16 years ago. This place will have to pick up it's game to compete with similar priced steak places in town such as Chads and Firebird.
they have a nice patio outside with a view of the Rincons. It would have been nice if they supplied it with taller tables and chairs so you could see over the walls. This would really enhance the view. Good luck.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank jack h
Tucson
“Worst steak ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

When you pay $25 for a steak listed on the menu as melt-in-your-mouth, you expect to at least enjoy it. Three of our four-person party had the special, Surf and Turf. I got two under cooked shrimp that were just barely warm and had a funny beef fat slime coating. The steak that was absolutely dry and tasteless; I could not eat it. The waiter offered to get me another one, but the first one took so long to get that I decided to skip dinner. The other two steaks at our table were also dry and chewy; our out-of-town-guests were not happy. Our waiter confided that he had sent back six steaks just so for that night. There were a lot of unhappy diners. I have since learned that many others have had the same experience. The bill was well over $100 even with my dinner deleted. I will not go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank DesertWillowTucson
SmokinAnnie, Manager at The Settlement, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, while disheartening to hear, it is important to us that we know where we need to improve. I can assure you that your experience was an isolated incident and I sincerely want to make things right with you. I am very proud of our restaurant and that our staff is extremely Conscientious. Please call me at the restaurant and give me an opportunity to fix this.