“Good Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Durango, Colorado
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went with friends for dinner who knew this restaurant. Our friends have been there before as they visit the area occasionally. The sushi was very fresh and came in a reasonable amount of time. We had no complaints, on our visit in March, as noted in some recent comments.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Not sure why other comments on poor service - we eat here every couple of weeks and the service is always prompt and friendly. And the sushi is excellent - very fresh, with the ingredients in proper proportions.

They also made a couple of special rolls like the Hawaiian that are especially good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Good Sushi on the East Side of Tucson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food is great here, don't expect exceptional service. You'll get what your ordered, but without a smile. I have eaten in and taken out- and the food has always been great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pinetop, Arizona, USA
“Decent food, but not worth the tension!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We ate at Ichiban a week ago and we were shocked at the behavior of the management at this restaurant. She was openly yelling at her staff, belittling them in front of customers. It was TERRIBLE! When I go to a restaurant, it is a treat for me, not an everyday occurrence. If I wanted to experience a verbally abusive situation, I would have gone to a public debate, not a restaurant! Please - correct this behavior or remove this woman from the restaurant. I won't be back until others tell me this has been corrected.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Service Tops The List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I thought leaving Wichita Falls, TX, and my family-friendly sushi bar I would never find similar in Tucson. After all, it is the desert. The sushi you do find here is what I would compare to "fast food" sushi - get it fast, get a lot, get it at a "deal". This is not something we prefer. Having two small children who love sushi as much as my husband & me, our bill can get pretty high. Yet settling for "all you can eat" sushi is not the answer. At Ichiban, not only is it on the east side, closer to our home, but the head sushi chef / manager is always ready to greet us with a smile. His staff of friendly servers and sushi chefs are always smiling, happy to see us, and extremely interested in seeing our children. From the moment we walk in the door we are treated like family. The kids are welcomed and given little treats to keep them occupied. Cheater chop sticks always tickle their fancy. The service is what makes us keep going back, but the sushi is so fresh - every time we go, any day of the week or weekend! Their selection icludes items I don't see other places, but also the usual. There are also "hidden" specials - just ask for an off the menu specialty and see what they have in store for you. There are people of all ages & types in the restaurant, and a large flat screen television touts the latest sports event. This is a true dining experience. Just be sure to save enough room for dessert. I suggest their tempura fried green tea ice cream - large enough for two.

• Visited May 2013