“Good Sushi on the East Side of Tucson” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Good Sushi on the East Side of Tucson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The food is great here, don't expect exceptional service. You'll get what your ordered, but without a smile. I have eaten in and taken out- and the food has always been great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pinetop, Arizona, USA
“Decent food, but not worth the tension!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We ate at Ichiban a week ago and we were shocked at the behavior of the management at this restaurant. She was openly yelling at her staff, belittling them in front of customers. It was TERRIBLE! When I go to a restaurant, it is a treat for me, not an everyday occurrence. If I wanted to experience a verbally abusive situation, I would have gone to a public debate, not a restaurant! Please - correct this behavior or remove this woman from the restaurant. I won't be back until others tell me this has been corrected.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Service Tops The List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I thought leaving Wichita Falls, TX, and my family-friendly sushi bar I would never find similar in Tucson. After all, it is the desert. The sushi you do find here is what I would compare to "fast food" sushi - get it fast, get a lot, get it at a "deal". This is not something we prefer. Having two small children who love sushi as much as my husband & me, our bill can get pretty high. Yet settling for "all you can eat" sushi is not the answer. At Ichiban, not only is it on the east side, closer to our home, but the head sushi chef / manager is always ready to greet us with a smile. His staff of friendly servers and sushi chefs are always smiling, happy to see us, and extremely interested in seeing our children. From the moment we walk in the door we are treated like family. The kids are welcomed and given little treats to keep them occupied. Cheater chop sticks always tickle their fancy. The service is what makes us keep going back, but the sushi is so fresh - every time we go, any day of the week or weekend! Their selection icludes items I don't see other places, but also the usual. There are also "hidden" specials - just ask for an off the menu specialty and see what they have in store for you. There are people of all ages & types in the restaurant, and a large flat screen television touts the latest sports event. This is a true dining experience. Just be sure to save enough room for dessert. I suggest their tempura fried green tea ice cream - large enough for two.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, WA
“Delightful locals restaurant on the Eastside of Tuscon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were staying in a home near the Saguaro National Park. Not wanting to venture far, we discovered this Japanese, Sushi, Korean restaurant in the neighborhood. Two of us had Korean food and 2 of us had Japanese food & sushi. We all agreed that the food was great and would merit a return visit. The servers were sweet and very welcoming. This location is not the typical Tucson tourist beat. I am also told, that there are few restaurants in the Tucson area that serve Korean food. So if you find yourself in the area, or are having a kim chee attack, you know where you can satisfy your urge without a huge hit to your pocketbook. They are located in a strip mall where N Harrison and East Broadway intersect.

• Visited February 2013