“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 116 Activities in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Sentinel Carriage Company provides the finest horse drawn service available in the Tucson area. Whether you seek a guided history tour of the old pueblo or a sparkling carriage for wedding or quince, the staff and horses at Sentinel know how to make you day memorable and fun. Custom tailored services for your event, Birthday or celebration, our famous Clydesdales can travel anywhere!We take pride in being the best!
Tucson
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our carriage ride with Jane and Paton.Jane provides a fascinating and informative commentary. We are visitors from Australia and would recommend Janes carriage ride to all visitors .Our son and his girlfriend have lived in Tucson for six years and also enjoyed the experience greatly and learnt a lot about early Tucson. Thank you Jane and Paton. I would highly recommend your tour to both visitors to Tucson and residents.

Visited May 2013
Jane S, Owner at Sentinel Carriage Company, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello!
Please forgive me, I just figured out that I can write a response to all these reviews!
Thank you so for riding with me and taking the time to write about your experience. You have helped my little business to get bumped to #7 on the list of Tucson Attractions, which is getting more people up the steps of my wagonette all the time. I truly appreciate it!

Right now I am working on another tour of the barrios to the south of downtown. We just did a "micro tour" of the Ft. Lowell that was really fun and of course we couldn't go through a Christmas holiday without breaking out the jingle bell for our horses and the blankets and song caroling books for our guests to get merry with!
Come back soon and enjoy the great weather and a new tour or make a new holiday tradition this year.

Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Better than we expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This isn't just for out-of-towners.
When my Mother visited from Massachusetts I took her and a group of co-workers for this horse-drawn carriage ride. Jane and her Clydesdale Casie exceeded our expectations! Jane is personal, professional, and very well-versed in local history and lore. We are looking forward to when the construction eases up and she will be able to expand her coverage area because we'll be back for another tour.

Visited April 2013

Sahuarita, Arizona, United States
“Long Time Resident and Had No Clue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have lived in Tucson for 20 years and no idea of some of the history shared by Jane Stansbury on our horse drawn carriage ride around Tucson. She dontated proceeds to a charitable foundation that I support so decided to take her tour of downtown. I was pleasantly suprised to hear great stories of Tucson's past. Seeing the remnants of older buildings mixed with a restored Tucson and understanding their connections made it an exciting ride. I look forward to the next one!

Visited February 2013

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Jane has tour down pat(ton)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband & I took Jane (and Patton's) tour on a cool Sunday in February 2013. Jane was exceptionally informative about the history of the homes and their residents. She is in all respects very professional and dedicated to her work. And her horse, Patton, was THE BEST! Tks for allowing our dog, Gidget, to join us. There are so few touristy things one can do with a dog in tow - so allowing her on board was much appreciated!

Visited February 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Fun and informative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have traveled all over the country and are big history buffs. This carriage tour was by far the best we have taken. We learned a great deal about Tucson. It was great fun! It I a must do for anyone in downtown Tucson. She gave a great talk enabling us to visualize what the Presidio must have been like and how it must have been to live during those times. Don't miss it..