“Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #207 of 1,579 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Healthy, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Pita Jungle “The Art of Eating Healthy”® is one of Arizona’s most original restaurants. The menu is based on offering a healthful and natural cuisine abounding with vegetarian and vegan options, crafted within the principles of the Mediterranean diet, and using only the freshest ingredients. The menu includes salads, seafood, seasonal specials, pitas, pizzas, healthy burgers as well as a healthy kids menu. Pita Jungle is also a healthy option for your Catering events. Open daily for lunch, dinner, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy hour.
Tucson, Arizona
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been at more than a couple of these chain restaurants, but I like the Oracle Road one the best of all. The food is always fresh and nicely presented. The staff are gracious and hospitable. Always get exactly what was ordered, and they are open to minor changes, such as adding a bit of carb (pita) to a salad. I am a repeat visitor!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tucson, Arizona
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love the Hummus and Pita plate. I get it every time I go. Service is good and the food is very tasty. Atmosphere is upscale and trendy. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
“NICE eatery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

we went after a friend recommended. Love the outside seating and bar, nice view of the Catalina Mtns even though you are in a strip mall. The name is deceiving, very nice menu with lots of freshly made choices. I had the yellow tail tuna salad -nice amt of tuna and fresh salad, strawberries and pinapple. Mango was canned but still tasted nice. Hubby had the special burger - flavorful and well prepared. Also tried the cilantro jalapeno hummus after being told it was made fresh - it did not disappoint! Tasteful decor, cold beer, nice wine pour, many more menu items to try!!!!

Visited February 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
“Tasty healthy menu options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We've been twice- once for dinner and once for Happy Hour.

My dinner was stellar; I had the Yellowfin tuna honey sesame salad (12.99) which had fresh ingredients, good sized portioning, and great flavor. They cooked the fish spot on with just the right amount of sear. We also had the featured special kafta burger which was also really nice. I believe it had hummus on it which was yum. This was midweek and while it wasn't slow, it wasn't super busy. We got lots of attention from the staff and had a very nice evening.

Came back a few days later for their Happy Hour. We showed up about 4 and sat at the bar. By 5:15 or so people started flocking in. Like, literally. They seemed to come out in droves from each car that parked in the lot. There was quite a long line at the door, but little wait time. The staff seemed to handle it very well. (This of course was my opinion from my seat at the bar).

We ordered almost everything on their tapas menu. (Think Tucson ‘tapas’ not Spanish tapas). Dishes range from $1.50- 3.00 during Happy Hour which is very reasonable.The garlic lemon chicken ($2.50) was a hit with us- tons of flavor packed into that little bowl. The hummus trio is quite a good sized portion for the 1.50 they charge. The mussels were not very good, I hate to say it. Very overcooked and the broth lacked flavor. We ordered an extra two orders of the falafel, so we must have enjoyed that too.
Otherwise, all the dishes that we ordered were fine and were nice to much on while sitting at the bar.

They have some good choices on draft ($3 during HH)- a few from Four Peaks, (Kiltlifter, their peach ale), a cider and so on. I tried their sangria (4$) which was good. No spirits behind the bar yet so couldn’t take advantage of their 3$ happy hour margaritas, but I’m assuming that will come with time.

David has been there both times we have visited- this guy is working hard, like super, super hard. He remembered who we were when we came in the second time which was nice. Even though the place was incredibly busy he was still chatty and friendly with us and made sure everything came out as we had ordered it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, AZ
“Freshly made dishes so naturally good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Every visit I have had at Pita Jungle has always been simply the best with such favorful and healthy meals. The portions are pretty large so that makes for a great 2nd meal for later. Modern decor lends to a clean and sharp looking restaurant. This North Tucson location has just opened in the last month of October. I have been 3 times in the last week. The gyro is so fresh and has the perfect amount of tzatziki sauce in it. I loved the lentil fetoosh salad. You really can't go wrong with ordering. It will all delight your taste buds in a very healthy way.

• Visited October 2013