“The Mac & Cheese of My Dreams” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 1,702 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Fix is Arizona’s Mac n Chz Headquarters! We take the freshest pasta and cook it to perfection, mix in fresh veggies, meats, and high quality cheeses with our house made creamy béchamel sauce, then top with cheese and our house crunch, and bake until you get the ultimate comfort food experience! You can choose from one of the many taste tested and highly approved recipes our Fixologists have created or choose to build your own. We also serve fresh made gourmet salads, tasty sandwiches, soups, and grilled chz that are designed to Fix any appetite, and for dessert try our delicious chzcake, cookies, or home made fudge!
Tucson, Arizona
“The Mac & Cheese of My Dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Fix is a very friendly restaurant in service and product. There were seven of us in our party and each of us loved the mac & cheeses. I had the jalapeno which was a great Southwestern inspired twist. My daughters had bacon in their mac and cheese. This is a great meal if you're on the road. It is super satisfying and if you have refrigeration, you may end up with some awesome leftovers.

• Visited April 2014
Michael L, Owner at The Fix, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thx for your positive comments Meg! Next time you might want to consider adding bacon to the Jalapeno Popper - we ran that as a special a few months back (Bacopeno Popper) and has remained pretty popular even though it's not on the menu.

“Great Mac & Cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

There are tons of choices for different kinds of mac&cheese at the fix, but what I like even more, is that, if you feel you want something different, then you can make your own and ask for your sauce and toppings, and they will make it accordingly. The small portion is already so huge, I would recommend only taking that size. The people there are really nice, and they put the mac & cheese in the oven so that the top browns a little, and it is just perfect !

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michael L, Owner at The Fix, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thanks for the review Vickie - some of our most popular specials have been customer creations!
Buckeye, Arizona
“YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

WOW! That pretty much sums it up! Great service & amazing food what else do you need??? My daughter had the chicken alfredo with broccoli mac n cheese and I had the cordon blue mac n cheese. Both were delicious! Now instead of being sad to drop my daughter back to campus in fall I have a great meal waiting for me to look forward to!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michael L, Owner at The Fix, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thx Sara - we'll be here and look forward to having you back in August!
“Amazing Mac N Cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place has wonderful mac and cheese! The place is just a little whole in the wall close to the university, but the food is great! The place is small, but they have a little play table for the kids and though its definitely a fast food environment, we loved it. I believe the owners were there when we came in and they were so nice and friendly. We loved how you could tailor exactly what you wanted in your mac and cheese. I got the white sauce with broccoli and lobster and it was so good and they have some lovely bottles of microbrews to go along with it! The portions were huge, the whole family was happy and we contentedly ate leftovers for days.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michael L, Owner at The Fix, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thx so much for the kind words and glad you enjoyed your meals! We plan on spending some time this summer updating our menu so hope to see you again soon to try out some new Macs!
“Comfort foods served with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Recently I was at a conference in Tucson right next to AU. Looking for some dinner and walked past and saw the menu. There made dish is Mac and Cheese.... Done many different ways or you can mix your cheeses, meats, and so on. I got the combo which comes with a drink and you pick to kinds of Mac and cheese. I got the lobster in Alfredo cheese and double bacon with cheddar. They weighed about 1 pound each and both just want I wanted. If it's Mac and cheese you crave this is the place.

• Visited March 2014
Michael L, Owner at The Fix, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thx so much for the positive feedback and hope you had a great conference - safe travels!