“Not the best I've had...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #749 of 1,697 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Asian
Tucson, Arizona
“Not the best I've had...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a Groupon, so we went back to this little restaurant. Went there a few years back, and had their Double Pan Fried Noodles and they were pretty good. We had something else this time, and was not too tasty. Not enough meat, shrimp, in the dishes and more veggies, which is not bad, but if you can count the shrimp on one hand, then they aren't enough. The fried rice was really bad, tasted old...so did not eat all of it. If it wasn't for the Groupon, I think we would have never came here again....we gave it a chance....Not bad, but on the other hand, ......not good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Not my cup o tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really didn't care for this place too much. Granted I only had fried rice and and appetizer, but it was lacking enough that I did not go back. The staff was very nice and the restaurant appeared clean (I didn't eat in). Maybe I will try it again in the future, but there are so many other places to sample, I'm in no rush to go here again.

Visited August 2012
Tucson
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My friend Robin and I happened upon Asian Bistro by chance and we have enjoyed several nice meals there. The restaurant is tucked into a strip mall, the interior is nice with Asian decorations. I have really enjoyed the soups. The pork dumpling with fresh noodle is amazing, everything I want from a bowl of soup with a lovely light broth, hearty dumplings with a flavorful pork filling and thick udon style noodles which the waitress told me were fresh made and they tasted that way. The fruit smoothies are something amazing. I am particularly fond of the "Pink Lady", a light and delicious blend of watermelon and cantaloupe. Robin has found she is craving the curry chicken with a side of steamed veggies and brown rice, the dish does look and smell amazing. We tried the vegetarian spring rolls which were fried, I would have preferred a fresh wrapper. They were passable, not the best spring roll I have ever had. The service has been very good and the price is reasonable. I enjoy this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marana, Arizona
“Great food. You gotta go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went today for lunch at the Asian Bistro. Very, very good. If you like Asian food, you need to check it out. It was the 2nd time I was there for lunch and they have tremendous lunch specials (prix fixe), ranging from $7.95-$9.95. That includes soup, starter appetizer, entree, rice/lo mein, and dessert. Can't beat it and...the food is exceptionally good.
I asked the hostess (part-owner maybe?) about dinner and they have dinner specials, same format but a few bucks more.
Nice ambience, all adds up to a winning combination.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Asian Bistro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Asian Bistro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.