“Their shawarma is the bomb-a” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 1,584 Restaurants in Tucson
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Their shawarma is the bomb-a”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I go here once a week for lunch and always order the shawarma chicken . I have good intentions of ordering something else on the menu but keep going back to the shawarma. You have to try this cute little place with the best shawarma chicken ever!

Visited April 2013

Texas,USA
“Great food at good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited Zayna on a whim and left pleased with my meal, amount of money spent, and the service provided. I want to go back again.
I hear Zayna can be busy- however I had lunch on a quiet Saturday afternoon and found myself with plenty of space to stretch my legs. The interior of the restaurant was clean attractive. More importantly, the service was attentive and the food met my expectations. I order a little bit of everything which was all good- however I must give special recognition to the rice. Yes, rice is an often overlooked side dish, but Zayna has exceptional rice. I also would like to commend the delicious salad. I am a meat eater by nature, however the Salad (especially the tomatoes) was abnormally good. I believe that any item on the menu will not disappoint.
I ended the meal with baklava which as far as baklava goes was slightly above average(not that I didn't enjoy it, it was good, but I am a harsh baklava critic). I was pleased with my dessert.
Overall I enjoyed my visit to Zayna and will be coming back again. I think this is a strong alternative to other gyro/Mediterranean/mid-east restaurants in the great city of Tucson.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“Terrific food, even better value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can't bring myself to eat lunch anywhere else when I am in Tucson. Everything on the menu is delicious and there are many, many choices. The place is packed at lunchtime and after you eat there, you will know why!

• Visited March 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Excellent Chicken Shawarma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I came to Tucson on a short golf trip and wanted to try some Mediterranean food. I was thinking of a Gyro. I stopped at Zayana as it was well recommended here and thought I would have a good meal. It was just lunch and the waitress suggested I tried the chicken Shawarama. Wow!! what a great meal. Excellent flavors all together. It came with well season potatoes and got some hot sauce to add. I really recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“You can't go wrong with great service, food and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Very cheerful exterior draws you in and the quality of food and service will keep you coming back! If you aren't familiar with the menu offerings the owners are more than happy to help you decide. Gyro salad was fresh and good. My husband tried the minced lamb dinner and it was very good. Baklava was awesome.