“An Expansive Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Catalina, Arizona
“An Expansive Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

PROs:
- Love me some Tandoori Tuesdays! All Tandoori menu items are only 5.99!
- Vegetarian friendly
- I'm always really excited to try something new on their expansive menu
- They have a really fabulous & extensive list of cocktails (and some non-alcoholic mock-tails)
- I recommend the Pasanda Nawabi, Tikka Masala, & Veggie Samosas
- Naan bread is very fresh and tasty
- The ambiance is decent because of the Taj Mahal mural, but not overly spectacular; everyone is very casual here
- They offer mild, medium and hot on pretty much everything
- They offer to-go/pickup that is usually under 30 mins
- Never tried the Lunch Buffet, but they have one available from 11:30-2:30p every day
- Pretty family-friendly and good for a lunch with friends

CONs/Precautions:
- Portions are slightly smaller than expected and basmati rice must be ordered separately from the entrées
- The servers are definitely not the most cheery, but they are at least attentive
- No delivery options are available
- No outdoor seating
- Not a real romantic place for date night

Overall, this is pretty good representation of Indian food for being in Arizona. :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

tucson, az
“So Bad!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate lunch here and won't be back. The food was all mushy and not very good. The seasoning was uninspired. I cook Indian food at home. It's not fair to judge a place by its lunch buffet, but the buffet should be a preview of what the menu offers. The floors were covered with food. We love Indian food but won't be back here.

Tucson, Arizona
“Tucson's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

What this restaurant lacks in ambiance is more than made up for by the unequaled perfection of the food. There are many fine Indian restaurants in Tucson. I have been to all of them several times, and they are great, but none of them are as authentic and fantastic as New Dehli. If you order spicy here, believe me, you are going to get it. I also enjoy the stand off service. They are attentive without being in your face. You are left alone to enjoy your meal and drinks. The vegetarian dishes are superb.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have been here so many times and it is always excellent. The staff is great, the good is perfect and it is just plain comfortable. Tuesday nights are specials. The price is very inexpensive but the quality of the food is just as good as other nights.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Indian Food in the Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Finally. Finally, I have found some solid Indian food in Tucson. I'm starting to understand my Midwest/Mid-Atlantic palate and it wants spicy - and tasty - especially for Indian food. After my palate is satiated, it wants atmosphere - and the New Delhi Palace Cuisine India nailed it. (My first two experiences in Tucson for Indian cuisine weren't terrible, just unmemorable.) New Delhi gave me great food, great atmosphere, and great service, which helped my date and I make great memories.

We went all out and still spent under $50.00 - two 'Refresh Your Mind' ayurvedic teas (loose leaf and served in fantastic white ceramic capped mugs for steeping), the mixed sampler appetizer of pakora, lamb, and samosa (with a few fresh cut veggies on the side I used to curb the bite of onion chutney) papadum, three chutneys (mint, onion, and tamarind), naan, two entrees (chicken vindaloo and chicken korma), basmati rice, and an in-season pumpkin/carrot/almonds and vanilla ice cream dessert.

Truthfully, I went in only to sample the many other seasonal only pumpkin dishes, but was so taken with the unexpected atmosphere, light music, decor, and service that I wound up only trying the aforementioned pumpkin-oriented dessert. I knew of the restaurant's inexpensive lunch buffet and rather modest plaza location next to the Boot Barn, so I erroneously made assumptions about the establishment - it's actually a romantic dinner palace, as well, with surprisingly tasty food. So, in this case, I'm really glad my assumptions were proven wrong.

• Visited October 2013